NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, not much info on the site, apart from Number 9... Number 9... Number 9.... :lol:

The first is preferable, the latter would still be bought!!!

It COULD - COULD - be incredible. To be able to work through their career would be great. Would every track and every album be too much to hope for?

If the software allows for two-microphone-based-harmony-high-jinx this could be the best game ever made. Either way its bought on day one.

Also the Beatles geek who came up with the release date should be knighted immediately.

:lol::lol:

Apparently they have released a patch for killzone2 today that deals with a few minor issues.

The interesting one is apparently they have tweaked the controls a bit, to the delight of many complainers.

On another note i put UT3 in the other day and it downloaded a new patch. Now the game has 2-player split screen and full trophy support.

Amazing :lol:

split-screen was the main thing missing from it before, now it should be fun to play with a buddy.

this thread seems to be dying a horrible death, too many times now ive found it on the second page, and its my favourite thread!

anyway ps3 finally got some good news last week, it outsold every console in japan last week, even the wii and ds, and killzone 2 sold 750,000 copies and helped boost sales in europe.

still playing dead space, im on chapter 10 and the enemies are starting to get so hard, i keep getting beat by those aliens that blow themselves up.

also been playing alot of fallout 3, i found the strangest thing on it today, while i was casually wondering through the wasteland i came across a crashed ufo, it was sending out a radio signal but you cant understand it. the best thing was, next to the dead pilot was a gun called the alien blaster, it kicks ass but you only get 120 ammo and im not sure wether or not theres more about anywhere.

gunna go have a few online games of killzone 2 now.

also been playing alot of fallout 3, i found the strangest thing on it today, while i was casually wondering through the wasteland i came across a crashed ufo, it was sending out a radio signal but you cant understand it. the best thing was, next to the dead pilot was a gun called the alien blaster, it kicks ass but you only get 120 ammo and im not sure wether or not theres more about anywhere.

Edited by ralph250

Had a great game on COD: WaW last night in a party of 4. It seems so much easier to win matches when you use teamwork.

I was also delighted to break my PB kill streak - now up to 29. I was gutted - I had a healthy tank and the game finished as we captured the last headquarters. I could have easily surpassed 30!

About to start my 2nd prestige! Woop!!

Was involved in a heated discussion over the Resident Evil series yesterday. The general consensus seems to be that once they moved away from the urban settings with the "classic" zombies, the series lost its way. 4 was good, but would have been better served as a step away before returning to what made the series great, the demo for 5 is gash the controls are shit and the levels look the same as 4 with different lighting.

An agreed point was that using an epic concept like a zoo, was wasted on "RE: Outbreak 2" and should be brought back for a next gen Resi 6... maybe have both the T-virus zombies and the parasites from 4 and 5 for more variety

Oh and 2 was the best :)

Edited by Lithium05

Found this little gem about the 'rules' of the RPG:

"You'll begin the game as a young boy, in the 16-18 range, and it seems you're just another average young man with awesome hair and no job, school, hobbies, responsibilities, life experience or changes of clothes to worry about. Then, one fateful day, you'll wake up and find that…(choose a scenario..)

You will have to check out the village. You know, see what’s new with the 15 villagers you’ve spent every moment of the first 16 years of your life with.

An old lady asks you to complete a task. It will not be an option to decline this inane task.

The following tasks are the only possible errands she wants you to run:

a. Go search for her missing grandchild, he was last seen going off to look for something in the nearby dangerous area.

b. Find the last ingredient she needs to create the only medicine that can cure her sick relative. It's located in the nearby dangerous area.

c. Retrieve the special artifact needed for today's celebration. The villagers decided it would be smart to keep in outside of the village (in a nearby dangerous area).

If you hear that there “might” be a bandit camp to the east, whip out your automap and label everything east “unexplored bandit camp.”

If you hear a rumour from the dithering old lady who’s spent the last 50 years in the hut next to your grandfather’s house about how the king might have a terrible illness and be secretly nearing death, just take her uninformed, loony word for it.

And anyone who so much as whispers anything about a prophecy, even if they heard it while drunk, underwater and out the beak of a 1,000 year-old duck, take their word as fact, and expect it to be fulfilled in the next 20-some hours of gameplay.

You've fully prepared yourself for a rich and rewarding life as a world-saving adventurer, so as you take your first timid steps out of town, don't feel bad about the thousands of animals you're about to butcher along your path of brutal carnage. Slaying every living creature you encounter is part of being an adventurer, and you've earned that title.

Your first battle will be a random encounter a few feet from your hometown’s gate. Monsters cover the entire world, except they never go into towns.

Later on, with your hometown destroyed there will be no more odd jobs to do for the locals, so it’s time to head to the next village and see what work you can do for there.

By now you should have met at least a couple people who share your inclination to walk around doing quests for people, and one of them will direct you to a nearby port city. From there you’ll hear about the oracle, seer, wiseman or whoever in the city far across the ocean.

When you're an established hero, it's time to leave the mainland. To do that, you’ll need to fly, but there are no planes in RPGs – that would be silly. You’ll need to acquire an airship.

The best way to get a flying ship is to steal it from pirates. If you haven’t done that by now, you’re still not a complete failure. Think back to all the friends you’ve made along your journey, which one was the best engineer? Go find that guy. He probably just completed his experimental airship and would love to let you fight evil with it…."