NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Star Wars mission type games sound pretty good. I've not played one yet. What would be a good game to get into it on the 360?

Failing that, should I perhaps get a PS3? I'm aware of the blu-ray component. I just mean in terms of games.

Edited by worm

Fairly old school really. I like driving and flying based games. But I like them to have a point or fiocus rather than just winning races and getting new parts etc. I don't like FPS, which is the genre that seems to dominate. The only one I ever liked was Halo, which I think is possibly the best new-gen game I've ever played.

I like multi-facted games too, which is why Star Wars appeals. I don't like unecessary nonsense. I like games where you have to learn skills. Like the old school martial arts games that fell away due to Tekken and Mortal Kombat and other pieces of shit that reduced the concept to an extreme sports based thing.

I like weird and wonderful games too, like Kelly Slaters surfing on the original x-box. A pice of fluff really, but I enjoyed mastering the skills for the sake of mastering them. The point of playing on it was then to do my own thing on a beach of my own choice instead of having to do a generic tournament or whatever. It was playing on it for the sake of enjoying cyber surfing. If I like a game I play on it repeatedly.

I like weird and wonderful games too, like Kelly Slaters surfing on the original x-box. A piece of fluff really, but I enjoyed mastering the skills for the sake of mastering them. The point of playing on it was then to do my own thing on a beach of my own choice instead of having to do a generic tournament or whatever. It was playing on it for the sake of enjoying cyber surfing. If I like a game I play on it repeatedly. The sound and aesthetics were enough to escape, which I believe is the point of consoles.

For a genuinely inventive and entertaining game, get Portal in The Orange Box. Not a great fan of the others you get (Half Life 2 etc), but for £12 or whatever it is now, Portal is a truly astounding piece of gaming. A very, very unconventional first person 'shooter'.

On a skills based game, Assassins Creed is worth a buy if you can find it quite cheap. Good storyline, gameplay gets repetitive though, but its fairly rewarding enough.

You can pick up games in the Madden series for next to nothing now too which are always reliable enough to waste an hour on too for an NFL fan.

I can't see what's not to like in COD4, I think that's probably the best game I've played since the PS3 came out but Bioshock I'm not so sure. I've tried it on two formats and while I loved the vision and the art direction I never carried on playing it on either. Got about an hour into it and lost interest somehow each time. I wouldn't say it was bollocks but it never got under my skin in the same way that even Ratchet and Clank did.
Edited by modey

Fairly old school really. I like driving and flying based games. But I like them to have a point or focus rather than just winning races and getting new parts etc. I don't like FPS, which is the genre that seems to dominate. The only one I ever liked was Halo, which I think is possibly the best new-gen game I've ever played.

I like multi-faceted games too, which is why Star Wars appeals. I don't like unnecessary nonsense. I like games where you have to learn skills. Like the old school martial arts games that fell away due to Tekken and Mortal Kombat and other pieces of shit that reduced the concept to an extreme sports based thing.

I like weird and wonderful games too, like Kelly Slaters surfing on the original x-box. A piece of fluff really, but I enjoyed mastering the skills for the sake of mastering them. The point of playing on it was then to do my own thing on a beach of my own choice instead of having to do a generic tournament or whatever. It was playing on it for the sake of enjoying cyber surfing. If I like a game I play on it repeatedly. The sound and aesthetics were enough to escape, which I believe is the point of consoles.

Erm, I'm really not sure what the 360 offers, gaming has become very cliched and predictable nowadays. I've yet to play it myself but I think you could probably find some enjoyment from the new Prince of Persia as well, infact from what I've heard that seems right up your street.

. I don't like unnecessary nonsense. I like games where you have to learn skills. Like the old school martial arts games that fell away due to Tekken and Mortal Kombat and other pieces of shit that reduced the concept to an extreme sports based thing.
Edited by ralph250

worm - do you like RPG type games?

I've been playing Fable 2 over the past few nights, and it's really good fun. I've hardly touched the main quests, focussing instead on shagging around and finding treasure. I managed to get an achievement for having a threesome last night (on the game, obviously) which I found quite entertaining. I now have 2 wives in neighbouring villages and two sons by them. Again - in the game. If Mrs LW read this, she might get the wrong idea.

You can 'buy' different spells when you accrue XP from fighting, and each skill can be levelled up to suit your style. Some of the spells are ace - I particularly like the vortex one, when your enemies get hit by whirlwinds.

I can waste hours just arsing about on Fable 2 - great fun.

Oh - give Star Wars - The Force Unleashed a try as you like Star Wars. I LOVED that. It didn't take me too long to get through, but it's ace moving stuff around and throwing storm troopers out of windows into space. And the plot is awesome.

Edited by Langdale Wolf