NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

I'd say most wrestling fans know how it all works.

The biggest fans seem to be more interested in the backstage stuff, the real life stuff that gets glossed oer in the shows. The real, behind-the-scenes stuff is always fascinating to me - see films like The Wrestler or documentaries like Beyond The Mat, then there's the tragedy involved i.e. the truly sad story of Chris Benoit and his family. It's hardly kids stuff.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tightrope..... A f**king tightrope....

So - do the following have 'trophies'?:

Killzone 2

Little Big Planet

Unchartered: Drake's Fortune

Ratchet and Clank

as these are the games I'm looking to get (as they're PS3 exclusives).

Also - can you get the updated Option Files with all the correct kits on Pro Evo for the PS3 like you could on the PS2? Are the memory cards the same?

Ratchet and Clank doesn't, the other 3 do.

And I think you can download one off the internet, never bothered myself.

I just had a look at someone's trophy haul via their sig (similar to mine, but PS3-related) and looked at games I have on the 360 - the trophies are IDENTICAL to the 360's achievements - even down to the little icons. Handy that.

yep the developers design and decide the trophies/achievements, so they will probably never make them different as it will take more work. it would be nice to see different trophy lists though

Some gaming news!!

Huzzah - there is some more Fable II DLC on it's way - SOURCE - and it looks like it could be quite a decent add on (Knothole Island is tiny).

And COD: Modern Warfare 2 will now only be called Modern Warfare 2. Call Of Duty is dead!! SOURCE.

it makes no sense for it to be called Modern warfare 2 at all. WAW f*cked it up by not adding a 5 in the title. really it should be called Call of Duty 4; Modern warfare 2

I think it's a good move - the titles are getting very confusing!!

Not that it matters WHAT it's called - it's going to be amazing - I doubt whether there'll be a better game out in 2009.

COD 4 totally blew me away when I first played it and remains my favourite game of all time. If MW2 (wahey - the new abbreviation!!!) can keep the excellent drama in the campaign mode, make it a bit longer and hopefully add co-op play (I found the campaign on WaW far inferior to COD 4) they'll be onto a winner.

I wouldn't touch the multiplayer, except maybe add a few new perks etc, but the ranking up system is absolutely spot on and adds to the replay value.

I think it's a good move - the titles are getting very confusing!!

Not that it matters WHAT it's called - it's going to be amazing - I doubt whether there'll be a better game out in 2009.

COD 4 totally blew me away when I first played it and remains my favourite game of all time. If MW2 (wahey - the new abbreviation!!!) can keep the excellent drama in the campaign mode, make it a bit longer and hopefully add co-op play (I found the campaign on WaW far inferior to COD 4) they'll be onto a winner.

I wouldn't touch the multiplayer, except maybe add a few new perks etc, but the ranking up system is absolutely spot on and adds to the replay value.

Is it just me that thinks the campaign on WAW is better than MW? Mainly because of the length, and I really didnt like or see the point of the flashback mission in MW. I thought COD5 had some cracking missions, especially the later Soviet ones. Also, the I some of the missions (in particular the Allied one where the Japanese come out of those underground boxes at the start) really got across the gritty reality of war.

As for MW2, It should be a cracker. They have to make it longer. I was really getting inot COD4 and it just ended like that. *snaps fingers*. Thinking about it, I completed Halo 3 this week, and level seven alone on Halo 3 probably took as long as half of COD4.

This is a cool twist on the "submit an iPhone app and get recognition!" thing - the Out of Hand Festival is a contest for any mobile platform focused on the CONTENT. Giraldi Media (he directed MJ's "Beat It" video!) is hosting it in the hopes that creative types will submit stuff that means something beyond a round of VC funding, and they're actually offering cash prizes (and film school courses??) to back it up. Check it: www.outofhandfestival.com <http://www.outofhandfestival.com/>

anybody heard about the new metal gear solid? (no not the iphone one) theres only one picture and it says something along the lines of "mission: the next mgs" with someone looking very much like raiden. its sad really, mgs4 really wrapped things up brilliantly. but i cant wait to kick some ass with that samurai sword. i presume it will be ps3 exclusive, but its rumoured to hit 360 (but wasent 4 aswell?) could somebody please link up the picture? i cant copy/paste on my ps3.

mgs4 is now also a platinum ps3 game, meaning you could pick it up cheap. anybody who hasent played it, i highly recommend picking it up. it truely is one of the greatest games ive ever played.

anybody heard about the new metal gear solid? (no not the iphone one) theres only one picture and it says something along the lines of "mission: the next mgs" with someone looking very much like raiden. its sad really, mgs4 really wrapped things up brilliantly. but i cant wait to kick some ass with that samurai sword. i presume it will be ps3 exclusive, but its rumoured to hit 360 (but wasent 4 aswell?) could somebody please link up the picture? i cant copy/paste on my ps3.

mgs4 is now also a platinum ps3 game, meaning you could pick it up cheap. anybody who hasent played it, i highly recommend picking it up. it truely is one of the greatest games ive ever played.

Anyone who's got a wii

Just got House of the Dead:Overkill from Gamestation half price £17.49

Its f**king quality!!!

best onrails shooter Ive ever played, fast, funny, looks and sounds good, great story, everything about this game is class, if you like this type of game I highly recommend, a warning though, its very adult, loads of gore, swearing, etc, nearly every other word is f**k

great game, well done Sega

now just got to wait for Madworld to drop in price a bit