NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the first and second gran turismo on the ps1; GT3 on the ps2 tho did away with the 2nd hand garage and so just took out all the fun (and pacing); I got it as one of the games when I got the PS2,

before on 1&2, you'd buy a cheap little 2nd hand toyota or something; stick a stage 1 turbo in, and then compete or win races until building up to something like the mitsubushi FTO; then GTO or Viper; then nissan skyline and max it to over 1000 BHP (or the escudo pikes peaks in GT2 :D ) and so could progress reasonably well;

In 3, I just found you couldn't beat the trickier races/more rewarding tournaments from the start as your car was shit (perhaps so was I :( ), and so you'd win on the corners, get to the last straight and get overtaken by everyone.....so you had to just do the oval track or easiest tournament over and over again, getting £1000 or something a pop to get your first capable car; needing about £20000 for that and a little bit of tuning; I got bored...within about an hour or two, and just played the other games I got at the time; metal gear 2 mainly if I remember correctly.

Don't think I ever played it again....reminds self to have a proper go on grid sometime; bought it at the same time as fallout 3....I've only just installed mass effect tonight after owning it for about 4 months; too many games; far too many games. :(

Don't M$ not like MMORPGs on the 360 because they usually require an additional subscription fee... and that it isn't possible due to the Live system?

I imagine that's the only stumbling block stopping FFXIV from being on the 360, hence it only being a 'possibility'.

For any confusion over the metal gear solid franchise:

" For Kojima, however, the real sequel to the Metal Gear Solid series is the PSP's Peace Walker - so much so that he's personally directing the game.

"This is what I mean by a true sequel - it means that I'm writing the script, I'm doing the game direction, I'm working on the title full-time and the main team of Metal Gear Solid 4 is working on this title," the creator said at Konami's E3 press conference.

Hideo Kojima is letting "young bloods" at his Kojima Productions studio take charge of new multiformat title Metal Gear Solid: Rising while he concentrates on making Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP, which he considers the next "true" Metal Gear Solid game. "

For those who didnt like the controls for killzone2.

Apparently the patch is live now to download.

Personally i liked it before, but i will definately try it out.

I actually sold it because i hate the controls.

On another note has anyone seen any reviews or heard anything about a game called prototype?

Looks good what i saw of it on a trailer at play.com but i'd never heard of it until today.

its a lot better now after the patch, but still not cod4. or even halo tbh.

prototype cant be any good if we havent heard about it.

I'm trying to get into Hardcore Team Deathmatch on COD: WaW at the moment. Very interesting after the 'run around and shoot like a nutcase' technique because it's much, much harder.

I love it actually. And bolt action rifles actually have a use, as most successful shots result in kills.

If anyone fancies teaming up for a game, let me know.

vidzone should be good, one of the reasons i got the extra hdd...

FF7 is cool...i highly anticipate 90% of the people who will want it won't get it because they have it...its the only game i own 2 copies of...don't know why.

I dont like the new design of the PSstore, it makes annoying bleeps.

Edited by Jaybles