NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ff7 is an absolute direct port nothing has changed, i quit angrily after i couldent save as i hadent set up a memory card. the change disc option and instruction manual is handily on the ps button. i realized i was smiling when i heard the theme, seriously the man who composed the soundtrack needs a commendation. basically its ff7 in its raw untouched form (yes it even says squaresoft) the gameplay graphics are dated but the cut scenes still look nice. i wonder if ill cry this time at the sephiroth - aeris bit? it seems everyone has cried at that bit except me.

some trophies would have been nice:

bronze - escape from midgar

silver - aquire a gold chocobo

gold - kill sephiroth

platinum - you have too much time on your hands

by the way guys; about to start mass effect, just downloaded the patch which includes the DLC (the mission against batarians or something)...

just wondering what's the most fun class to play as; as I kinda wanna unlock the assault rifle with the soldier class for future playthroughs, but having a quick look online it sounds like he's not too fun/too easy/makes it a generic shooter etc

any recommendations as to what you guys played as? pro/cons etc.....have any of you bothered to play again with a different class or is the game pretty long, that people generally go onto something else.

Edited by ralph250

Don't you wish the Star Wars prequels were a bit more like this?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937

I do :P The KOTOR games made me feel the same.

by the way guys; about to start mass effect, just downloaded the patch which includes the DLC (the mission against batarians or something)...

just wondering what's the most fun class to play as; as I kinda wanna unlock the assault rifle with the soldier class for future playthroughs, but having a quick look online it sounds like he's not too fun/too easy/makes it a generic shooter etc

any recommendations as to what you guys played as? pro/cons etc.....have any of you bothered to play again with a different class or is the game pretty long, that people generally go onto something else.

ff7 is an absolute direct port nothing has changed, i quit angrily after i couldent save as i hadent set up a memory card. the change disc option and instruction manual is handily on the ps button. i realized i was smiling when i heard the theme, seriously the man who composed the soundtrack needs a commendation. basically its ff7 in its raw untouched form (yes it even says squaresoft) the gameplay graphics are dated but the cut scenes still look nice. i wonder if ill cry this time at the sephiroth - aeris bit? it seems everyone has cried at that bit except me.
Edited by Greeny_Musicchild

Im glad is a direct port, i think that game will still hold up for years to come, it's f**king briliant.

I never cried at the sephiroth-aeris bit...i thought it was sadder when red xiii finds out what the true story behind his dad is...*

all the PSstore download has made me want is a psp.

*or even cid's backstory.

Aeris was weak, i was happy when she got f**ked up, like the worthless charcter she was

Right, I'm considering getting a new RPG type game for 360. At the moment the three I'm considering are:

Lost Odessey

Eternal Sonata

Blue Dragon (again, had it before but didnt make much progress)

Anyone on here have experience of any of them? Any recommendations?...

Right, I'm considering getting a new RPG type game for 360. At the moment the three I'm considering are:

Lost Odyssey

Eternal Sonata

Blue Dragon (again, had it before but didn't make much progress)

Lost Odessey

Eternal Sonata

Blue Dragon (again, had it before but didnt make much progress)

I suppose so but it seems more pertinent for racing games. Technology advances are actually making fairly significant differences to the game experience in other genres but it seems to me that racing games hit a technology wall in that respect some time ago.

Compare something like Bioshock with Quake, COD1 with COD4, Tombraider with Uncharted or GTA 4 with GTA 2. Then compare some of the older racing games with some of the newer ones. Anyone other than a hardcore fan would barely be able to discern much difference in the experience in my opinion.

I suppose it does have the advantage that you can pick up a fairly old racing game and enjoy it, but older versions of some of the other genres don't cut it.

Edited by Purple Monkey

PS3 is ordered!!! My phone arrives on Tuesday with a voucher I need to send off with a photocopy of some ID, so all being well, it'll be with me in about 10 days or so.

I'll probably trade in some xbox games I've completed and get some pre-owned PS3 games, as well as one main game which will probably be Killzone 2.

Whilst I'm here, there's a longer COD: MW2 video from E3 on IGN.com here. Looks better every time I see it.

I reckon that Aliens-eque heartbeat monitor will be a perk for the multiplayer mode.

PS3 is ordered!!! My phone arrives on Tuesday with a voucher I need to send off with a photocopy of some ID, so all being well, it'll be with me in about 10 days or so.

I'll probably trade in some xbox games I've completed and get some pre-owned PS3 games, as well as one main game which will probably be Killzone 2.

Whilst I'm here, there's a longer COD: MW2 video from E3 on IGN.com here. Looks better every time I see it.

I reckon that Aliens-eque heartbeat monitor will be a perk for the multiplayer mode.

personally, if you only intend to buy one game, KZ2 isnt worthy of being it. drakes or something would be better, but obviously personal taste and opinion is huge on this one. KZ2 isnt that good.