NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pretty much goes for every console "war" - the more powerful version has rarer, but ultimately superb and defining games.

N64 instantly springs to mind. Even though the PS1 had its classics and its massive catalog, but the N64 was just incredible with it's collection of rare diamonds, it was worth the wait every time. The N64 was by no means a failure, far from it, it was just less popular than the PS1.

Looks like PS3 is following the same pattern with this generation.

Edited by beLIEveR

I really don't believe it personally. GT is as big a game series as any other, but is it a console seller? Cross platformers aren't going to increase PS3's market share, which it unquestionably needs to do to justify the development costs.

In my mind the fatal blow came when signficant exclusive GTA content was released on the Xbox. I also believe that move will prove to be the beginning of a (relative) decline for GTA.

3 weeks since i moved into my new place.

Tomorrow i get internet :)

Will finally be able to sign in online again on PSN.

I have missed my online worm sessions. I think another efests one is due.

This pretty much goes for every console "war" - the more powerful version has rarer, but ultimately superb and defining games.

N64 instantly springs to mind. Even though the PS1 had its classics and its massive catalog, but the N64 was just incredible with it's collection of rare diamonds, it was worth the wait every time. The N64 was by no means a failure, far from it, it was just less popular than the PS1.

I'd go along with that, I just think that the Xbox will die off purely because the next generation comes out, whereas the PS3 will die off because 90% of it's big hitters are as good or better on the Xbox. When the N64 was around, there were relatively few cross platformers.

i would join the efests thing but it looks like its fully booked. also lbp online in the major parts of the day is a lagging bitch and its almost impossible to even play a level together, ive noticed that in the middle of the night (presumably when the servers empty) that it runs smoothly. let me know how you all get on.

as for worms (jaybles hinted at efests round 2) how does wednesday or thursday night at around 8 sound? greeny, just/john are you up for it, or possibly another member who owns it?

i would join the efests thing but it looks like its fully booked. also lbp online in the major parts of the day is a lagging bitch and its almost impossible to even play a level together, ive noticed that in the middle of the night (presumably when the servers empty) that it runs smoothly. let me know how you all get on.

as for worms (jaybles hinted at efests round 2) how does wednesday or thursday night at around 8 sound? greeny, just/john are you up for it, or possibly another member who owns it?

Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye (although that doesn't hold up so well today), Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Wave Race, Donkey Kong 64 & Banjo-Kazooie for a start.

That'll certainly keep you going for a while! Really not sure how well an N64 pad would emulate to a PC though :angry:

What was the name of that price comparison website, folks?

I need to get Guitar Hero: World Tour for cheap (game only). I have rocked out Guitar Hero III about as much as I can! (I can't do hard :D)

Could be good (can't watch the trailer I'm at work) just depends on the charactors they include, don't want to see them scraping the bottom of the sonic barrell like they did for the olypics game on the wii. Is there any sign of some decent/interesting inclusions?