NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's loads of non-serious racing games coming out. Split/Second looks like the outright winner for me personally.

About Sonic: The Sonic Rush ones on the DS were good. Because they were played in the old Sonic 2D style.

The 3D ones have always been terrible. Even the Dreamcast ones were shit, but you're not allowed to say that in public or the internet because it was on the Dreamcast.

Why are Sega incapable of doing what every Sonic fan wants? A next-gen Sonic game in the style of the 2D originals. A small team of decent artists, couple of decent programmers, and a ludicrously good music composer - done.

I see Sonic as a casualty of the "next-gen stupidity" that we see in almost every game. Big companies, big teams, making overly complicated games, with too many chefs spoilling it, running up astronomical costs, and making f*ck all returns, and therefore never able to take any risks or truly innovate. Sega seem to be completely stuck in this rut.

That said - Sonic was NEVER better than Mario. Sega tried, but seeing as Sonic was cooked up purely as a repsonse to Mario, he is therefore just an imitator, the entire Sonic franchise was a cynical "me too" concept.

So.....just play Mario.

Edited by dakyras

Sonic Adventure 1 on the Dreamcast was epic. It had the right idea of a 3D world where all you had to do was press forward and jump. The rest were turd. And Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles was a much better game than Super Mario World.
Edited by Purple Monkey

:ph34r::);)

Nah, you see, you've forgotten how to perceive correctly. Take a deep breath, try again.

Unless it was sarcasm, because if I wanted to be the most sarcastic person in the world with just one statement - that's the statement I'd choose to say. So bravo.

:D:D:lol:

Nah, you see, you've forgotten how to perceive correctly. Take a deep breath, try again.

Unless it was sarcasm, because if I wanted to be the most sarcastic person in the world with just one statement - that's the statement I'd choose to say. So bravo.