NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

@Rhys

i believe they are looking at taking bioshock on as a 5 game series.

plus i've seen all those games you have platinum and i duno how you do some of them.

i'm very close to getting GTA but for that one pigeon that i can't find and the online trophies

Res5 i'm not to far off either and when i have got through DeadSpace i will play Bioshock back through for plat and then come back to deadspace which could be interesting playing it through with only the plasma cutter

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing with GTA is them pigeons i cannot find the last one. Some of the online trophies will take ages so i probs will never get it.

I have yet to even complete Deadspace and i am finding it quite hard.

Sounds like the whole way of rapture has changed which kind of allows for being a big daddy. Not quite sure how you can be the first ever big daddy though when the game is tens years on.

the thing with GTA is them pigeons i cannot find the last one. Some of the online trophies will take ages so i probs will never get it.

I have yet to even complete Deadspace and i am finding it quite hard.

Sounds like the whole way of rapture has changed which kind of allows for being a big daddy. Not quite sure how you can be the first ever big daddy though when the game is tens years on.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Bioshock II won't be anywhere near a patch on the original, I don't think.

Simply because it can't be.

I'd say a massive part of Bioshocks appeal and memorability was how refreshingly new and mesmerising it's world was on the first play through. The first time you hear the radio crackle and the voice-work, the first time you set foot in Rapture, that whole feeling of "where the f*ck am I?" was what made it so special.

A direct sequel will only be familiar - the exact opposite of Bioshocks main strength - the unfamiliarity will be lost, that feeling of being in a truly exotic, new, unqiue environment, will be gone.

And the whole Big Daddy thing, with multiplayer, just made me think "urgh". I'm sure it'll be fun, but it seems as though the beauty of Bioshock will be lost. Bioshock was a game that was written and crafted by an author - they didn't give a shit about what fans wanted, they just did whatever the hell they liked. It was a totally uncompromised experience. Bioshock II seems like it'll scream nothing but compromise and fan service.

Maybe it'll be ace, but I reckon it'll be like returning to a holiday destination you went to a couple of years ago and had an amazing experienece - and it just ain't as good the second time around.

This is just what I think too. The whole multiplayer aspect turned me off completely. Not because I object to multiplayer - far from it - but Bioshock will certainly lose some of the atmosphere if it's not single player.

I don't think developers should try and cram in all the more popular features of other games if it takes the direction away, especially when Bioshock was such an engaging 1 player game.

They should have left it alone I think.

If I'm wrong, awesome - I hope I am, but there's something about it that I really don't like.

Anyway, with MW2, Mass Effect 2, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2 etc coming out soon, I don't know how I'll be able to afford more than 2 of them! Do you see a pattern in this paragraph? :P

Batman, Assassins Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 are the only three games I want right now.

uncharted 2 looks great so i'm really looking forward to that.

i heard something about a max payne 3, that would be great.

wolfenstein is also something i am looking forward to.

modern warfare two ok its gonna be epic but i duno, getting sick of tradtional fps

still want to buy infamous and when i get some money i have seen it for 27 quid on amazon.

If you have the receipt, try taking it back to the shop under the Sale of Goods act. The initial person you deal with won't be able to do anything, but if you ask to speak to the manager, with that printed off, they'll probably, begrudgingly, repair or replace it for you. They will try and fob you off, but stick at it, you are entitled to insist that they repair or replace it, as the ring of death is a commonly known fault in the actual Xbox.

If they're particularly unhelpful even after that, consider complaining to the company's head office, and consider using that as a last resort bargaining chip with the store manager. Worst case scenario, they send you away with nothing, you pay for the repair, and try to claim the costs off of the store.

Or at least, that's what I'd do. I'm tight mind.

I think i left my recipet in the xbox box i sent it off in last time, and Ive had it for 3 years now, I dunno whether just buy an elite, or spend the 70 quid to repair it. Not that I can really afford either at the moment.

I think it may be coveed in the extended warranty they just charge em and then refund if it is the ring of death???

Edited by lifelessfool

I think i left my recipet in the xbox box i sent it off in last time, and Ive had it for 3 years now, I dunno whether just buy an elite, or spend the 70 quid to repair it. Not that I can really afford either at the moment.

I think it may be coveed in the extended warranty they just charge em and then refund if it is the ring of death???

Edited by Lithium05

I've decided to give Mass Effect a proper go now.

Also I've added a few of you as friends on Xbox live (I'm some variation of "Prof Chaos" with some numbers in there somewhere!)

Edited by Lithium05

Question:

Can you upgrade the hard drive space on your 360 without losing all your save points/achievements etc?

I only have a 20GB HDD and it's getting used up slowly but surely.