NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xbox is f**ked

getting 4 red lights when i turn it on, a few times i turned it on it was fine for about a minute then the screen freezed nd the lights appeared!

any ideas? heard its somethin to do with the AV cables, have disconnected all cables and set it up again

GH: World Tour is miles better than GH III. Better variety in the tracks, a bit easier, cooler venues, more customisation, the lot.

Awesomeness. The best £15 I've spent in ages.

And my baby son enjoyed dancing to it as well.

Oh yes - the controller debate.

The best controller I can think of MUST be the xbox 360 pad. It's better than the original xbox one by far, and beats the PS style quite easily I think.

I had a PS1 and I have a PS3 and whilst there's nothing wrong with them, I prefer the 360.

I like the differences between the buffer/trigger buttons on the 360 pad (very useful on COD so you can differentiate between grenades and main gunfire easier).

Though I do like the sixaxis feature on the PS3 controller, it has to be said.

The N64 controller was basically a lethal weapon. I loved it. :)

GH: World Tour is miles better than GH III. Better variety in the tracks, a bit easier, cooler venues, more customisation, the lot.

Awesomeness. The best £15 I've spent in ages.

And my baby son enjoyed dancing to it as well.

Was playing Rock Band round a mate's the other week and I was told by a former (she got credit crunched) professional singer that I was awesome on vocals and I should join a band :)

My god... this post is insane.

- Do remember that the analogue stick on the n64 was the first ever analogue stick for consoles. It was a revolution at the time, probably a big a shift in the way games are played than the wii has been today.

The day of the d-pad was dead, and soon every game on every console was controlled with a analogue stick. And we have nintendo to thank for that. The n64 stick was a bit stiff and discrete by today's standards, but at the time it was the greatest thing to have happened to the console market since the NES.

Comparing the n64 analogue stick to today's controllers is like complaining that the Ford Model-T didn't have any pulling power up hills and "looked a bit retro".

- Do remember that Mario 64 was the first 3D platformer that was actually remotely playable, and was certainly the first where you can control the camera. It changed the face of 3D gaming, defining the way that games let the user explore 3D environments.

It's worth noting that for nearly a decade afterwards, games struggles with camera movement and positions (it's arguable that even today it has not been mastered). SM64's Lakitu Cam wasn't perfect by any means... but it was the first time a system like that had ever been employed, didn't for one minute make the game unplayable, and set the benchmark for camera systems that wasn't met or bettered for nearly a whole console generation.

Edited by III