NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah well you have alot of time to catch up, i have no cash for new games at the moment. and most of the other games i have are too difficult to platinum. killzones campaign on elite is (from what ive heard) tougher than cod5, and there is no way i could come in the top 1% of players in a week on online. and wipeout well, i am crap at wipeout, same with red alert 3. the next platinum i will get will probably be resistance 2, (a few of my psn buddies are going for it, so i wont be alone online) and that will take me ages

i HATE them lego games. i played indiana jones on psp (probably much different to the console version) and it was so crappy.

fable 2 sounds amazing from what ive heard, it sounds alot like oblivion (one of my favourite games) however being a ps3 man, i am sadly unable to play it.

:) your my goal you see. i wanna catch you haha. I should be getting infamous soon as well. I borrowed Resistance two from a friend and i got all the trophies apart from most of the online ones because i had nobody to play it with friend wise and i was on a time limit coz i had to give it back.

i think i only got 2 plats now though so i dunno how im gonna get to 8 haha. tis good fun getting them once you have finished all your games like.

:) your my goal you see. i wanna catch you haha. I should be getting infamous soon as well. I borrowed Resistance two from a friend and i got all the trophies apart from most of the online ones because i had nobody to play it with friend wise and i was on a time limit coz i had to give it back.

i think i only got 2 plats now though so i dunno how im gonna get to 8 haha. tis good fun getting them once you have finished all your games like.

the infamous platinum is seriously easy. if you are going for it ill give a few tips:

go with a good playthrough your first time on easy or medium to get to grips with the game its better to be on the hard difficulty being bad as your weapons are more reckless and you dont have to watch your karma, you have to be fairly careful with shock grenades on easy as hurting a pedestrian will lower your karma. as for the shards, pressing L3 will show the ones in your immediate area on the radar.

Were they analogue?

No, they weren't. They were glorified d-pads, with discrete digital ON or OFF conditions. With the stick in the middle, all 4 directions were OFF. Move the stick to the right, and the right switch is ON (up, down and left are OFF). Move the stick to the top right corner and right and up directions are ON (down and left are OFF). [Later 8, and even 16 way joysticks were introduced in arcades]

An analogue stick measures all positions between ON and OFF. Halfway on, three quarters on, 7/8's on... and everything in between. It's what allows you to move your stick a little bit and for mario to walk, but move it a lot and mario runs.

On later consoles, analogue buttons were even introduced. Notice that difference between the 360's bumper and trigger buttons? That's digital (bumper) and analogue (trigger). It's that difference that allows you to caress the accelerator when drifting round a corner in Project Gothem, or hammer the gas down when exiting the corner.

Really? what dont you like about.

I got Killzone 2 and didn't touch the campaign for weeks. I love the multiplayer, levelling up all the classes and gaining abilities was fun and i have had some very enjoyable sessions.

I just find it very sluggish indeed. It's very slow. Shooting isn't particularly easy - it doesn't seem to feel like you're hitting someone.

I like the different game modes, but it's just the gameplay I find too plodding unfortunately. It looks the bollocks though.

It's probably because I'm so used to COD which - multiplayer mode I mean - is streets ahead of KZ2 IMHO.

The campaign was good - I found it better than WaW in that aspect.

Edited by III

I like some, hate others. I get quite annoyed on the tank levels during objective based games and some twats just camp in the tanks and don't help. Which is why I tend to play with mates of mine so we actually communicate!

Did you like the maps in COD 4?

just seemed like there wasn't as many good spots to pitch up and kills people from.

Mafia 2 looks like its really shaping up well, much better than the Godfather 2. Mafia was excellent, hope this is as good as the 1st.

Mafia 2 video