NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

activision want f**king, £55 RRP for COD:MW2

clicky

f**king arseholes, I'll be downloading it for f**k all now, and thats a game I would have bought. weak currency my arse, cod:mw sold f**king shedloads, and all they are doing with MW2 is basically an expansion pack. piss take..

Edited by Purple Monkey

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clicky

f**king arseholes, I'll be downloading it for f**k all now, and thats a game I would have bought. weak currency my arse, cod:mw sold f**king shedloads, and all they are doing with MW2 is basically an expansion pack. piss take..

the new wipeout stuff looks sweet, deffo buying that.

With all this talk of MW2 ripping everyone off.

I think its time to talk about a developer giving value for money :)

Here is some in depth news on the expansion pack for wipeout coming this thursday

Cant wait

"The pack will be priced at £7.99 / €9.99 and will provide three new race types – Eliminator, Zone Battle and Detonator, 12 new tracks, 13 new ships, 6 new music tracks, a redesigned menu system, a new campaign to complete as well a host of new trophies to win. Oh and let’s not forget the additional ranks for you to achieve online. We are really excited about the content and hope you enjoy all the new features.

Also, on Tuesday 21st July, we are releasing a free update to the existing game. If you boot up WipEout HD at around 5pm GMT, you will be prompted to download the update. It will add a number of new features and tweaks to menus of the game including a brand new statistics section, new redesigned ship and track select screens and some new community/online features.

Now let’s get back to what I’ve been up to since HD was originally released. I’ve been busy working on the new game modes, mostly Eliminator and Zone Battle but also a bit on Detonator.

Eliminator mode was relatively easy to get in since it was taken from WipEout Pulse but we wanted to make it even better. Someone came up with the idea of having the 180 degree flip, which allows you to flip your ship, fly backwards down the track and fire your weapons at on coming opponents, like the Quake, which I know some people missed being able to do like they could in Pulse.

We also didn’t want people doing all the hard work of reducing an opponent’s shield, to then have someone else steal the kill and you receive nothing. So rather than the straight forward kills system seen in Pulse we have introduced a points system where you are awarded points for completing laps, inflicting damage and getting the kill. The winner is the first player to reach the target score.

Playable as both a single player game as well as online we are really pleased with the end product and hope that players will enjoy the new mode.

Zone Battle, our 8 player version of Zone mode, was a bit more difficult to get right as it went through several iterations and name changes. We started with just a one on one duel mode, which was basically a split screen version of Zone which you played until one person lost their entire shield. The initial idea of the zone bar was to speed up the other player so they go faster which hopefully meant they would crash more often and be destroyed sooner than if they were travelling slower. Unfortunately this idea didn’t really work as we had hoped and we returned to the drawing board. As we wanted the game to be played online with up to 8 players, we had to come up with an idea that didn’t have people sitting around waiting until everyone else had been eliminated, so we introduced the idea of racing towards a target zone which meant the race would end at the same time for everyone.

With this in mind the zone bar was changed to increase your own zones so you can reach the target quicker. To add a bit of variety we wanted some obstacles on the track which is where the zone barrier idea came from. Every time you use your zone bar to boost you leave a zone barrier on the track to try and slow down your opponents. This means that players have to constantly look out for the barriers and try to avoid them or use up their zone bar to shield themselves. I think it turned out very well and hopefully people will enjoy playing it in the Fury expansion pack!

Other stuff that I was working on was the new ship, track and campaign cell selection screens for the new front-end, and also the HUD’s for the new modes.

Finally I hope everyone enjoys this expansion and please don’t hate me too much, it’s not really that hard to Beat Zico…."

FM 09? Been out months.

My brother was considering doing this. However, he's made the grave mistake of telling 21-year-old and 39-year-old males that at some point night vision goggles will be arriving at the house. Further still, we know almost exactly when they'll be coming.

There's no chance that they're getting out of the house without us using them.

Maybe the Games industry needs to start thinking along the same lines as some of artists in the music business. Start cutting out the publisher and offering games for direct download where they get all the money involved.

That's fair enough, but say for COD, infinity ward make the game and Activision publish it. If IW had enough cash flow to fund development of the game, could they not say offer direct downloads (PC only I guess, or on Xbox live etc) therefore keeping the profit the Activision would of had.

That's fair enough, but say for COD, infinity ward make the game and Activision publish it. If IW had enough cash flow to fund development of the game, could they not say offer direct downloads (PC only I guess, or on Xbox live etc) therefore keeping the profit the Activision would of had.

Good point about the rights to brand name titles, but say the next big blockbuster title comes along and in the contract the developer signs with the publisher they say we also have the right to sell this direct online. Publisher gets to distribute on physical media, bit like say what Valve has done with Steam. By selling direct they can make more money and then either sell the games cheaper as there's not shops and publishers taking a cut or reinvest into new more interesting IP's.

Just been to Gamestation and traded in Killzone 2, and got Uncharted and Fallout 3 (2 preowned games for £20 deal) in return.

Yet they've got Killzone 2 for £20 preowned on the shelves!!

I think they may have made a cock up, but I wasn't going to tell them that...... :lol::)

Saw you playing that 1v100 thing tonight ross, any good? downloaded it but was too late.

Might be on tomorrow in between games of gears and UFC if you want your brain handed to you :lol:

started to notice how much the way I play online in UFC differs from the way I play in career and exhibitions.

Offline I tend to use more powerful strikers and go for ground and pound/stand up striking, mostly winning through KO/TKO

While online most of my wins come thru submission and use more technical fighters (AKA Machida)

Not that I'm complaining! makes it much more interesting

Considering getting Worms Armageddon from live arcade....

im back playing cod4 for a while, anybody who wants an ass whooping (or a few wins on the team im on) you know where im at.

p.s. i actually suck really badly, i have to big myself up massively and then fail miserably and shout abuse down the mic at the noob tubing whores. afterall i am a gamer.

I tried that 1 vs 100 beta thing on Xbox live earlier. Not quite got the just of it yet though. You seem to just answer questions and get points depending on how many other folk got it right or wrong (the mass). There's football themed quizes on Thursday nights too. Friday and Saturday seems to be days where you can win prizes and stuff like Xbox marketplace points :lol:

Anyone else tried it?

started to notice how much the way I play online in UFC differs from the way I play in career and exhibitions.

Offline I tend to use more powerful strikers and go for ground and pound/stand up striking, mostly winning through KO/TKO

While online most of my wins come thru submission and use more technical fighters (AKA Machida)

Not that I'm complaining! makes it much more interesting

2 brilliant games, im sure you'll have a blast on both. i have a quick tip, (im not sure if you already know this, but) when a game installs you can delete the install from your ps3, i never knew this until about a year after getting mine, when all of my memory had disappeared into seemingly nowhere. at the top of the game section is a folder called "game data utility" you can check how much space and delete any installed data by pressing triangle on them. obviously not a problem with a new ps3, but somewhere down the line you could hit a problem. some games take huge space from your hdd (like fallout takes around 3-4 gig and bioshock takes a massive 5 gig) killzone is probably in yours now and taking 200mb. just incase you didnt know, like i didn't a while back ;)

clicky

the new wipeout stuff looks sweet, deffo buying that.