NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the original xbox one??? if so, completely agreed...

a mate of mine got it, couldn't defeat the first boss after trying for a couple of hours and gave up, never played it again :unsure:

....I need to play it again myself, got to chapter 10 (the aquaduct) which I thought was pretty good going....it does get a little easier as you get more health and moves,; I f**king hated the explosive shuriken ninjas :ph34r:

it's still an awesome game though.

The little treasure chest sound in Zelda has always been a favourite of mine.

And more recently; the little ca-ching for experience in fallout3, topped off by the little fanfare when you level up, have been extremely gratifying.

I have never heard the PS3 thing, but the Xbox clink is very satisfying. I remember getting my first ever acheivement on GTA 4 the day i got my Xbox and thinking "thats pretty cool" about the whole achievement thing. and it is totally ingenius. I was even playing Euro 2008 last night to get some more points! Sad man that I am :unsure:

i need to ask you MS dudes a question.

you know when you download DLC they say £10 or 2000 microsoft points or something like that. What exactly are they on about?

oh i see. so you have the option of doing that or paying straight up?
Edited by Langdale Wolf

That's right.

They have points rather than real currency as they're used globally.

United Kingdom costs work out thus:

100 points: £0.85

500 points: £4.25

1000 points: £8.50

2000 points: £17.00

5000 points: £42.50

Card bundles:

2100 points

4200 points

Let's say you want one of the new Map Packs for COD, which is available for 1600 MS points (it might not be - just using that figure as an example).

You can simply top up your MS points right there and then using your credit card. If you've already got say 800 points left in your account, you could add a bundle of 1000 points to make it up to 1800 points, meaning after purchase, you'd have 200 points left over.

Or - if you haven't got any points, you might have to buy a 2000 point bundle meaning you'd have 400 points left over after purchase.

One more thing that some people have been confused by - this has nothing to do with your achievement points!! A mate of mine thought you could trade in your gamerscore for MS points. You can't - they're entirely unrelated.

Some info via wiki here

how's it run, and what's the spec of the new computer? heard it's pretty demanding on PC, but just got an i7 up and running with 6gb ram and the GTX 260 black edition, so guessing it should be fine.

how's it run, and what's the spec of the new computer? heard it's pretty demanding on PC, but just got an i7 up and running with 6gb ram and the GTX 260 black edition, so guessing it should be fine.
Edited by Radar

It runs fine, I was anticipating problems but erm Sunday didn't really happen for me, I was playing it almost all day (not good, if any kids are reading. risk of thrombosis etc. nasty.)

The new PC isn't one of these damnedly expensive gaming-designed machines... it's a Quad-core Pentium 2.3Ghz as far as I recall, 1Gb graphics card. I can't remember how much RAM - maybe 4Gb. It's tidy enough for the present - old PC was 5 years old.

EDIT: Not loving Windows Vista though- I want my XP back!

just finished Mirrors edge but had to lower difficulty to easy for last two levels. At least when i play it back through on hard i can use guns this time though.

Its a good game and plays well but the story was completely lost on me and i like games that tell a tale well.

just finished Mirrors edge but had to lower difficulty to easy for last two levels. At least when i play it back through on hard i can use guns this time though.

Its a good game and plays well but the story was completely lost on me and i like games that tell a tale well.

Edited by Halcyon

Scoring basically has two stages, multiplier and combo.

Getting a multiplier is basically done by destroying blocks and sucking in the shards they shatter into. It also increases every time you launch a ball, and is destroyed if a brick is destroyed by hitting your pads 'line'.

Once you got your multiplier up it's combo time, which is just destroying bricks as quick as possible. Basically if you ain't got a shard storm, try launch 4 balls into as many bricks as possible and blow at them so they keep hitting other bricks. I think the number of points increases exponentially or something.

The main tactic is save your shard storm up on levels you ain't gonna get many points on and cash in on the levels with lots of bricks, think I got 60 million on one wave by combining a shard storm with 3 balls 'behind' the blocks after a x2 multiplier.

I really think not many people have bought shatter as no one is even close to my score and I know that score is nowhere near as high as what could be attained. I have a go at shatter every day for an hour or so, it's pure fun and the scoring system is really well designed. I just keep going back :/.

also naughty dog has revealed a new mode for uncharted 2, its called goldrush, you basically play co-op to retrieve treasure over rounds. each round the enemies get harder, you just have to survive and get as much treasure as possible.