Cricket

greeneyes1980

Opinions are like arseholes I guess...

I watched Pattinson at Trent Bridge and thought him dreadful - nearly as bad as his brother!

On the flip side, Bresnan was clearly England's best quick bowler at Old Trafford.

Just hope England can get a decent first innings score for a change this series.

Opinions are like arseholes I guess...

I watched Pattinson at Trent Bridge and thought him dreadful - nearly as bad as his brother!

On the flip side, Bresnan was clearly England's best quick bowler at Old Trafford.

Just hope England can get a decent first innings score for a change this series.

Pattinson did have awful spells as well, but he looked good at times.

Bresnan was our best quick at OT, but I don't think that's saying much. None looked particularly good.

Trott looks comfortable today which is a change from the last test. Hopefully he can stay in the rest of the day.

Our batting weaknesses have been shown up yet again. It wasn't demons in the pitch or brilliant bowling or anything, just poor batting. An average spinner got 4 wickets on the first day of a test on a pitch that rarely turns much. The criticism is warranted.

Anderson has been consistent... Just cause he hasn't got a wicket doesn't mean he hasn't been consistent..

Anderson has had poor spells today. since his spell with the new ball when broad was ripping through he hasn't looked like taking a wicket, nor strangled the Aussies reliably.

It's possible to bowl well and not get wickets bit that's not the case for Anderson today. He's had great deliveries as always but they've been rare

Broad bowls faster than.Anderson and swings less. I'm not saying there's been lots of dross, but not many overs that have either been incredibly tight or warranted a wicket. you can't directly compare pitch malls for different types of.bowlers, as the ideal length and line depends on pace, swing, seam, bounce, etc. and is different for everyone.

Congrats to Chris Rogers, lots of lives but he's stillplayed well for it.

no surprise we got bowled out quickly, but the aussies are showing at the moment that if they don't do anything stupid they have this in the bag (weather permitting obviously).

think the top order need a kick up the arse and need to be told to be patient and not make any unnecessary risks.... couldn't care how slow trott used to bat, at least he got solid runs the majority of the time. can't really rely on bell and the middle order to save every innings.

Anderson isn't a concern... Just not going for him... Broad has been awesome :)

Also not impressed with Cook...

He's been poor this game. I'm not advocating dropping him, just wondering why.

Broad is capable of these wonderful spells and it's just a joy to watch at the moment. Frustrating at times but this is his magnificent best.

Very much covering over problems with cook's captaincy though. Strauss was a conservative captain as well but he managed to keep it tight and build pressure, while cook has struggled to do that to the same extent. Though he hadn't lost a series yet...

Good win, I wonder if there was too much expectation people seem disappointed we haven't dominated. Though yeah we had some luck if Manc hadn't been rained off and Warner hadn't hit Root and played at Lords things could be a bit different. I wouldn't make too many changes though, I can remember the 90's when players used to be constantly in and out and then seemed terrified of making mistakes and froze.

Shane Warne really is a c**t :) Makin out we was lucky that things can't fall for the Aussies. :)

I dont think a side fail to win so many tests in a row purely because of bad luck! Overall some things have gone for them and some things against them. If you analysed the 60 sessions of the series so far, I suspect it is pretty even the amount that we have won compared to Australia however it a sign of a decent side that when we have perfomed we have been able to convert that into victories while when we have underperfomed it hasnt cost us the game.

Strange old day yesterday. One of the worst English bowling sessions I've witnessed in 20+ years of attending test matches. Quickly followed by one of the best individual bowling performances I've ever seen in a single session.

Superb atmosphere, feel lucky to have been a part of it.

Only quibble was the poor hosts. The bar staff were sporting polo shirts proclaiming Durham to be a first class county and a world class venue - not on your nelly !