First time at Glastonbury in 09

Guest Ashaz42

I love chairs I do!

This will be my third glasto, 07 was wet, very wet but we never bought chairs, just stood up all day and we we so tired didn't feel like doing much after the bands finished.

Last year I went with 3 mates so it was a heavy weekend and come sunday all we wanted to do was sit down at the back of the pyramid stage and listen to music, chairs were a god send then.

There is a time and a place for chairs - during the day near the back, alot of bands you don't want to stand and dance around to. Also with the fold up chairs you can carry them easy on your back, go to the bar get out into the sun and sit down whilst supping away.

The first thing I will do after setting up the tent next year will be go and haggle on the price of 4 chairs for my mates, couple of brothers cider a piece, wander back to the tent and greet our new neighbours. If you happen to be our new neighbours we will be the ones fast aleep with sunburnt faces and a empty brothers cup on our lap, do us a favour, pull my hat over my face to stop it getting burnt to much - I'm the one wearing glasses

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that

nah, it's just that for the majority of people Glasto is simply a far better festival.

Of course, the bands don't necessarily come into that - if all you want from a festival is to see band after band after band then (dependant on music tastes) there's probably better festivals. But if you want a full-on festival experience along with experiencing more than the standard trendy bands then it doesn't get better than Glasto.

nah, it's just that for the majority of people Glasto is simply a far better festival.

Of course, the bands don't necessarily come into that - if all you want from a festival is to see band after band after band then (dependant on music tastes) there's probably better festivals. But if you want a full-on festival experience along with experiencing more than the standard trendy bands then it doesn't get better than Glasto.

Edited by staggerlee

Yeah, as the title says, I've only ever done Reading Festival before and I decided to go for Glastonbury this year, as Reading's gotten pretty rubbish compared to previous years. The only problem is, I know f'ck all about Glasto, only what I've seen online.

So, basically, I wanna know what's up with it, what's good, what's bad. How's it different to Reading? Better? Worse? What to expect? Your recommendations for the festival. Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
The first thing I will do after setting up the tent next year will be go and haggle on the price of 4 chairs for my mates, couple of brothers cider a piece, wander back to the tent and greet our new neighbours. If you happen to be our new neighbours we will be the ones fast aleep with sunburnt faces and a empty brothers cup on our lap, do us a favour, pull my hat over my face to stop it getting burnt to much - I'm the one wearing glasses