THE KILLERS

Guest danny12345

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just it with the Killers their first album had so many anthems, every album after it will never be as good, some bands can do it and maintain the standard with every release others can't

I have only seen them twice first was Reading 05 - first album only and it was great, 2nd was at V07 and it was a watered down set because of the 2nd album

If they headline this year I dunno how the set would sound, and if there was someone else who I was 50/50 with, Id opt for them over the Killers I think

Mind you I haven't listened to the new aklbum yet but Ive heard the two singles and I don't like them, Human is f**king awful, but its sold extremely well, so some people must like it

Hot Fuzz is one of my all time fav albums, But after that i kinda fell out with The Killers... Sams town wasn't a patch and the new one is nothing but disapointing.

I have seen them play an arena and again it was disapointing. All the Hot Fuzz anthems had the place buzzing but as soon as the sam's Town stuff started coming out, the atmosphere died.

I hope they are NOT headlining. Greenday, Foofighters Chilli Peppers, Muse or KOL would make my weekend! :)

I must say I think Sams Town very solid album and definately a grower album (most people don't give albums time this days I reckon). Don't mind the new one but it is a very different sound to the others as they are trying another direction so fair do's to them, it's a bit too dancy for me IMO....

Going to see them in March anyway so would prefer someone else to headline but wouldn't be disappointed if they did play but surely it's only 2yrs since played last way too soon!!!

My bets are on Blur who I still think are dong glasto, V & T....

Is it just me who finds Hot Fuss to be the most over-rated album of recent years? Starts off well with 'Jenny...' and a couple of songs that were pretty good at the time they were released, but after track 5 it just tails away into a bland, stodgy mess. Sam's Town is little better, and though I haven't listened to the new one, if Human's the standard I'd imagine it's not much cop. How they've got to headliner material baffles me.

I appreciate some people like them though.