new Springsteen 'rumour'

Guest tevaburger

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The River" is a seriously heavy choice for your first song chief.

Then I got Mary pregnant

and man that was all she wrote

And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat

We went down to the courthouse

and the judge put it all to rest

No wedding day smiles no walk down the aisle

No flowers no wedding dress

:lol:

Mucho respecto though mate. I'm weighing up the 20 minute version of "Innagaddadavida" by Iron Butterfly for mine in August.

That or The Million Dollar Man's theme music.

:P

Oh man, I really hope that Bruce plays at Glastonbury. I'm 20 years old and I've seen him in concert 6 times, don't really understand why a lot of younger people aren't interested in his music. Every friggin' time I listen to Thunder Road, The river, Born to run, Badlands, Dancing in the dark, etc... , I realise why I love that guy and his music.

And than there are great songs like backstreets, radio nowhere, no surrender, prove it all night, the rising, glory days, born in the usa, jungleland, because the night, ...

Really love his music. And for the record: every time ive seen his concert, i had the feeling i just saw the greatest concert in the history of rock and roll. Glastonbury '09, bring it on.

Oh man, I really hope that Bruce plays at Glastonbury. I'm 20 years old and I've seen him in concert 6 times, don't really understand why a lot of younger people aren't interested in his music. Every friggin' time I listen to Thunder Road, The river, Born to run, Badlands, Dancing in the dark, etc... , I realise why I love that guy and his music.

And than there are great songs like backstreets, radio nowhere, no surrender, prove it all night, the rising, glory days, born in the usa, jungleland, because the night, ...

Really love his music. And for the record: every time ive seen his concert, i had the feeling i just saw the greatest concert in the history of rock and roll. Glastonbury '09, bring it on.

"Born in the USA" is a cool track but i cant say im excited with him as a headliner, infact about as much as Jay Z ...

Oasis and Blur would be much much better, Well Blur is sorted, but Oasis wold be cool even tho they said they never really won over Glasto...

Edited by choadus

Oasis and Blur would be much much better, Well Blur is sorted, but Oasis wold be cool even tho they said they never really won over Glasto...

and of course, that was nowt to do with them being atrocious, oh no. :):)

Pleasingly, the Glasto audience needs more than just 'someone famous' on stage to get excited. The simple fact is that a hyped band will not succeed at Glasto on the basis of just their hype. They have to be actually good!!

and of course, that was nowt to do with them being atrocious, oh no. :):)

Pleasingly, the Glasto audience needs more than just 'someone famous' on stage to get excited. The simple fact is that a hyped band will not succeed at Glasto on the basis of just their hype. They have to be actually good!!

They've had their chance time and time again. I'm happy for Eavis to try different things. I mean how many times do we have to have Oasis, Radiohead, Coldplay? Based on that I was happy for Jay-Z to play (though in the end I didn't see him), and equally pleased with the rumoured headliners this time round :)

Bruce at the Hard Rock Calling events has also been confirmed by a contact of mine at Live Nation who thinks he's due to play Sunday 28th June - would Bruce play two consecutive nights in different places or does that make it more likely he'll play Friday at Glastonbury?

word I've had from many different directions is that Bruce is playing the Saturday at Glasto.

was The Who at Hyde Park the same year as them at Glasto? If it was, it definitley wasn't the same we/e, as I went to both.

I hope he isn't doing both, the same w/e, as again, I would like to do both!!

but nothing will stop me seeing him at Glastonbury... that'll be special

eFestivals is currently unsure of when exactly Hard Rock Calling is happening, tho going by the last two years it looks as tho it's likely to be the same weekend as Glastonbury.

Someone has also posted in this thread that they believe it's the same w/e too.

that would have been the Lucky Town/Human Touch tour, which as far as memory serves was toured by Bruce and the 'other band' and not the E Street Band. I saw the same tour at Wembley Arena, and after seeing the E Street Band play on the Tunnel of Love tour a few years previous was pretty dissappointed myself.

Glasto with E Street Band will be a whole different ball-game... :rolleyes: