Neil Young for Friday?

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, I will bleed happiness.

BLEED IT.

Even better than 2003. Better than Werchter last year. I don't want Radiohead again (unless before Neil) if it comprimises these 3. Wow.

I don't care for the Glasto headliners usually, especially the last two years, but after two years of ****/average, bar the Who... this would be the most epic thing ever.

To be honest, if NY does headline, I think it will be my final Glasto. There would be no way of topping it.

(but i still have this troubling feeling that I am setting myself up for a big fall by being sucked into the thought he will play - he's probably going to go and cut his finger on a tin of spam or something now, and pull out!)

For all those doubting NYs credentials, here is his discorgraphy.....

he has a few songs....

Highlights [for me];

Live At The Fillmore East

Prairie Wind

Greatest Hits

Greendale

Are You Passionate?

Silver & Gold

Sleeps With Angels

Unplugged

Harvest Moon

Ragged Glory

Live Rust

Rust Never Sleeps

Comes A Time

Decade

Zuma

Harvest

After The Gold Rush

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

I've just remembered that I saw that documentory about him on BBC4 was it, a month or so ago. He does things his way regardless of what fans may want, to the extreme of only playing a new album at some gig in the 70s. For the encore, he apparently said "Here's one you'll know" and proceeded to play the lead track off the new album again. :)

So if he plays Glasto, we may not get what we think we're getting......

I've just remembered that I saw that documentory about him on BBC4 was it, a month or so ago. He does things his way regardless of what fans may want, to the extreme of only playing a new album at some gig in the 70s. For the encore, he apparently said "Here's one you'll know" and proceeded to play the lead track off the new album again. :)

So if he plays Glasto, we may not get what we think we're getting......

For all those doubting NYs credentials, here is his discorgraphy.....

he has a few songs....

Highlights [for me];

Live At The Fillmore East

Prairie Wind

Greatest Hits

Greendale

Are You Passionate?

Silver & Gold

Sleeps With Angels

Unplugged

Harvest Moon

Ragged Glory

Live Rust

Rust Never Sleeps

Comes A Time

Decade

Zuma

Harvest

After The Gold Rush

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Is there a possibility that the current belief on which day the headliners are on is wrong?

I think a more likely line-up is

Fri - Blur

Sat - Springsteen

Sun - Young

I think Blur are more suited to the traditionally livelier Friday slot, plus Sunday night doesn't give them that much time before their Hyde Park gig on the Weds, to get all their stage gear there etc. Whilst Young is a bit more of a Sunday act to me, bit older and slower. I saw him at Werchter this summer, can't say I was that impressed but then I wasn't really paying attention. Personally hope that if Orbital are playing on another stage they're up against him.

Is there a possibility that the current belief on which day the headliners are on is wrong?

I think a more likely line-up is

Fri - Blur

Sat - Springsteen

Sun - Young

I think Blur are more suited to the traditionally livelier Friday slot, plus Sunday night doesn't give them that much time before their Hyde Park gig on the Weds, to get all their stage gear there etc. Whilst Young is a bit more of a Sunday act to me, bit older and slower. I saw him at Werchter this summer, can't say I was that impressed but then I wasn't really paying attention. Personally hope that if Orbital are playing on another stage they're up against him.

it was mentined in an earlier post about neil young not being popular with the younger college age group. Well both my nephew and niece are both at music college and large numbers of their mates were floodin to hop park farm to see him in the summer.

This guy truly is fantastic live and can delivery stunning accoustic and electric sets.

I am not a fan of The Boss but cant really think of how they could have got a better set of headline slots than this

Neil Young is in my top fav 3 artistes.

top is cohen [always has been], then comes sandy denny...then neil. but sometimes he's 2nd and somerimes almost joint top.

so bring him on. never seen him live. reeeeeally looking forward to it.

this is pretty kewel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6M9Jmd4rY

Edited by scorp

if neil young plays then i'm hoping kanye will be on at the same time, as he's headlining big day out whilst i'm over. The boss would be ideal as work shafted me out of getting to see him for free last year, and blur, is well blur, and would take me back to being a kid (when oasis/ blur came out at the same time, i started a long love with music :) )

Do efest rumours say TBC or SR?

it's impossible for them to be labelled as TBC just yet as Glastonbury don't even know for sure that they're playing yet - from the best info I have right now (that I'm extremely confident of) these bands are not yet signed and sealed, tho things are a long way down the line to getting them finalised. If these bands weren't interested then things would not be such a long way down that path.

it's impossible for them to be labelled as TBC just yet as Glastonbury don't even know for sure that they're playing yet - from the best info I have right now (that I'm extremely confident of) these bands are not yet signed and sealed, tho things are a long way down the line to getting them finalised. If these bands weren't interested then things would not be such a long way down that path.