Neil Young just a little dull and somewhat painful on the ears?

Guest Peache Calhoon

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

only one of the greatest songwriters of the last 40 years!

but that's cool, there's plenty else going on at the same time. but i'll be down the front for mr young.

I like the fact that he exists, i like the way he follows his muse, I like the way he is unaffected by the vagaries of fashion, I like the way he appears to combine the personal and political, I like his bloodymindedness

But please God don't make me listen to him.

Just out of interest what sort of set do you think he will play???

Will he play a greates hits set, or more meanigful one? And will it be a candle lit stage?

He is in Oz at the moment and his current setlist loks like this:

Love And Only Love / Hey Hey, My My / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Powderfinger / Spirit Road / Cortez The Killer / Cinnamon Girl / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Light A Candle / Harvest Moon / Unknown Legend / Old Man / Get Back To The Country / Just Singing A Song // Sea Change / When Worlds Collide / Cowgirl In The Sand / Rockin' In The Free World // A Day In The Life

Not bad at all!!! :rolleyes:

I for one am hugely excited about seeing Neil Young.

If you can name me a more influential artist that has lasted as long as he has and has still managed to remain relevant I'll eat my puppy. Every album he has released (and there are many) has been spot on to the times and always different from what he's done before. I can't think of a single so called current bands that have the ability (and the balls) to do be able to do that. I am a relatively young fan and I think if you really give his music a try you will certainly realise that its a long way from dull. The man has inspired many generations of musicians and was the godfather behind many genres of music.

I realise that taste is all relative and its all down to the individual and you have every right to voice your opinion but I do think its a little off for people on here to just slag him off, especially joining in if you've never heard of him. At the end of the day the reason we all love Glastonbury is that there's something there to please everybody and if Neil Young is a little too old for you I suggest joining the kids at Reading & V where the line up is a little more mainstream radio.

I for one am hugely excited about seeing Neil Young.

If you can name me a more influential artist that has lasted as long as he has and has still managed to remain relevant I'll eat my puppy. Every album he has released (and there are many) has been spot on to the times and always different from what he's done before. I can't think of a single so called current bands that have the ability (and the balls) to do be able to do that. I am a relatively young fan and I think if you really give his music a try you will certainly realise that its a long way from dull. The man has inspired many generations of musicians and was the godfather behind many genres of music.

I realise that taste is all relative and its all down to the individual and you have every right to voice your opinion but I do think its a little off for people on here to just slag him off, especially joining in if you've never heard of him. At the end of the day the reason we all love Glastonbury is that there's something there to please everybody and if Neil Young is a little too old for you I suggest joining the kids at Reading & V where the line up is a little more mainstream radio.