tickets are NOT currently available

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do feel for those who miss out on tickets,

however in all fairness....tickets have been on sale since october, so my sympathy wains somewhat.

anyway

surely would this not be sold out for the "first batch"

and a second batch will be available after deposits are due....

ive thought it was like this for yonks now, you cant really complain as its 2 days before the cut off date, its amazing theyve lasted so long with the hype(not saying anyone was complaining)

good luck anyway

hope to see you there

Do I have until midnight on Jan 31st to pay the balance or midnight on Feb 1st?

Was there a grace/extension period for non-payers last year?

They didn't have the deposit/balance system last year, so no "grace/extension" period. And I seriously doubt, bearing in mind that it is effectively a business operation, that there'd be any "grace/extension" period.

The official Glastonbury Festivals website states that the balance must be paid by 23:59, February 1st.

I suspect they said 23:59 to avoid the "what day is midnight actually on?!?" confusion. :unsure:

Do I have until midnight on Jan 31st to pay the balance or midnight on Feb 1st?

Was there a grace/extension period for non-payers last year?

if you don't pay up by the deadlne your deposit gets refunded (less the tenner or whatever it is you lose)

and the ticket gets sold on.

There will be no grace period. Pay, or lose your ticket.

DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was planing on getting my ticket tonight. :unsure:

And before anyone starts, I couldn't get my ticket months ago because I couldn't afford it then. I didn't think I'd be able to afford it at all, but yesterday my parents said they'd chuck some money in for a ticket for my birthday, so I only realised I could actually afford it last night.

Oh, well. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and try to get one first thing on Monday morning.

DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was planing on getting my ticket tonight. :lol:

And before anyone starts, I couldn't get my ticket months ago because I couldn't afford it then. I didn't think I'd be able to afford it at all, but yesterday my parents said they'd chuck some money in for a ticket for my birthday, so I only realised I could actually afford it last night.

Oh, well. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and try to get one first thing on Monday morning.

I really think the weather may have played a part in this. I heard stories around site 2007 that people had packed up and gone home on the Saturday due to the mud. I think a few softies were really put off by this. Apart from the downpour Thursday night, 2008 was glorious and the festival was a huge success.

!

Edited by coolethan

When I was young, I used to save up for things I wanted. *shrugs* *quick bit of finger counting* Nearly 4 months. Just over a tenner a week, basically. Ever considered a paper-round? ;)

*mutters about the youth of today*

Good luck in the February 2nd/April 5th releases, though.

Yeah, but I mean what must have been really great about you being young was that there was no internet so cantankerous old men couldn't facelessly twist knives in an infantile, inane and generally ungenerous and unhelpful fashion.

For what it's worth, I don't think there'll be a big rush on Feb 2nd because the big hype push won't come until April so only those who've missed out over these three days will be interested; Glastonbury press office will be aware that they can't hope for two days of big coverage of essentially the same event only two months apart.

Yeah, but I mean what must have been really great about you being young was that there was no internet so cantankerous old men couldn't facelessly twist knives in an infantile, inane and generally ungenerous and unhelpful fashion.

For what it's worth, I don't think there'll be a big rush on Feb 2nd because the big hype push won't come until April so only those who've missed out over these three days will be interested; Glastonbury press office will be aware that they can't hope for two days of big coverage of essentially the same event only two months apart.