Would you choose Rolf over your favourite band?

Guest howard the oryx

Imagine this:

You open up the program on the Wednesday and see that that band you play constantly and own every record by is playing their only UK date this year at Glasto and that that e-festivals rumour was correct (despite the comments of the naysayers...).

Then, to your horror, you notice that they clash with Rolf Harris, who you have fond memories of (and who doesn't?), whether it's from his TV shows, records or one of his gigs, and remember how awesome he was last time (or how much all your mates went on about him because you missed him/didn't go)...

Do you snub your favourite band for Rolf?

My answer is YES!!!

why..??

the most logical response to that would if you'd rather see Rolf than your favourite band, why is that band your favourite band?

is Rolf as good as it can get?

no... :angry:

Last time I saw Rolf at Glastonbury he played the Pyramid Stage on Sunday around lunchtime and got a really massive crowd (and a couple of guys in working Kangaroo suits :angry: ) - the size of which shocked even him. He did play a good show and was not too fazed.

If we are lucky enough to have him grace the Pyramid Stage again this year I would expect he would be given a similar spot and hopefully bring the sun with him, like he did last time. :P

I really can't see him clashing with any other big act - he is an institution after all.

Last time I saw Rolf at Glastonbury he played the Pyramid Stage on Sunday around lunchtime and got a really massive crowd (and a couple of guys in working Kangaroo suits :angry: ) - the size of which shocked even him. He did play a good show and was not too fazed.

If we are lucky enough to have him grace the Pyramid Stage again this year I would expect he would be given a similar spot and hopefully bring the sun with him, like he did last time. :P

I really can't see him clashing with any other big act - he is an institution after all.

I don't thinnk I could actually say who my favourite band is - but even if I could name my top ten, the chances are that either I've already seen them, or never will because they're no longer together. And therefore, on the basis that I haven't seen Rolf, he would probably win, especially as new experiences tend to win the day over seeing what you've seen before at festivals.

Haha, great thread question, and I agree with worthyraver, I had also imagined the horrible clash of Rolf vs Madness!!!

I think you have to consider the showmanship / legendary performance aspects too.. Here's another one I wondered - Bruce Springsteen vs Madness? I mean, I'd choose Madness 9 times out of 10, but I live in London, and you don't get to see the Boss here very often.

What's the first sign of madness? Suggs walking down your driveway. Badabooom!!

At the end of the day if the clash gets too much to think about, you just have to leave it to a coin flip on the day and see if it involves a long-distance hike when you're already comfy on the grass with mates, beers and pie :)

P.S. Spot the optimistic reference to grass above!

Most definitely everytime.................

One of the main reasons going this year!!!!

Was the highlight of two separate Glastos previously, one performance on my birthday on the sunday on the pyramid stage, sun sunshining joyus sing along............ Tie My Kangaroo Down Sport to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory.............. Awesome!!! Spectacular!!!! Biggest audience of that year!!!!

Previous year, rammed into the avalon field, mayhem, chaos, joy............. ROLF ROLF ROLF ROLF.......... Warmed up with a bit of didge................ Knickers thrown at the stage, many ROLFALIKES, just awesome...........

Bring on the ROLF............

ROLF!!!!

:D:O:rolleyes:

Imagine this:

You open up the program on the Wednesday and see that that band you play constantly and own every record by is playing their only UK date this year at Glasto and that that e-festivals rumour was correct (despite the comments of the naysayers...).

Then, to your horror, you notice that they clash with Rolf Harris, who you have fond memories of (and who doesn't?), whether it's from his TV shows, records or one of his gigs, and remember how awesome he was last time (or how much all your mates went on about him because you missed him/didn't go)...

Do you snub your favourite band for Rolf?

My answer is YES!!!