Ne-Yo wants to do a british festival...

Guest pedmills

Well if we're going to be picky about his genre of music it would be under a 'contemporary R&B' umbrella but he does cover both hip hop and R&B genres.

all i'm saying is that hip hop, contemporary R&B, or R'n'B is not my kind of music, therefore if they open a hip-hop tent or an R&B tent then i will probably not be there. but im sure plenty of others will be.

Edited by sh4rpie

Yeah, that's right, I'm an idiot because my opinion differs from yours. How stupid of me. Well, aside from my own view that Whitney is shite, whatever era you care to look at, my point was more a reactionary one, against the way you seamlessly categorise a whole host of artists who only seem to have one thing in common; they're all black.
Edited by crimsonking

Matey, you're the one who threw the first insult, now I apparantly listed them because they were black. You need to calm down a little, all I did was list a few artists who in my opinion are classic RnB/Soul performers, unlike the insipid sanitised Simon Cowell version of pop RnB a la NeYo and Leona Lewis. If you like I could list a few more, and guess what, yes all of them are........black! Oh I tell you what, let me throw in the Mary Jane Girls as well, because one of them was white, happy now.

We all have our views, I think Whitney was class back in the day, and yes went down hill very quickly and quite tragically, you think she was shite, fair enough, but dont go all Billy Bollocks on me because you disagree, then accuse me of somehow stereotyping a genre of music which is predominantly performed by black artists.

Anyway, I still think you're an idiot but we all have to bare a cross, I'm normally quite chilled on these forums and make a point of never getting into debates or arguments, but you have created an issue which was never there and pissed me off big time, you're no longer worthy of my continued time and attention. I've said my piece so end of

Well if we're going to be picky about his genre of music it would be under a 'contemporary R&B' umbrella but he does cover both hip hop and R&B genres.

all i'm saying is that hip hop, contemporary R&B, or R'n'B is not my kind of music, therefore if they open a hip-hop tent or an R&B tent then i will probably not be there. but im sure plenty of others will be.

Edited by chuckley

Just read the article - the source listed is The Daily Star. So chances are they found someone called Neil Young and talked to him. Just not the Neil Young we're all thinking of probably... :O

nahhhhh,

Not that Ne-Yo lol.

Ne-Yo is contemporary RnB. I cannot find an artist who has played Glastonbury who could be classed as that. Yes, Glastonbury does need some heavy bands as well, but since that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, why not try someone like Ne-Yo. If he puts on a bad show or nobody likes him then a similar act doesn't have to be booked in the future. No harm done. Yes he is mainstream but no more so than somebody like Coldplay and it's not like he became famous through a talent show, he probably worked just as hard as any rock band to be where he is.