blur playing oxygen

Guest Tobie_Trice

From the article

"Last year’s event was voted Best European Festival at the British Festival Awards. "

What the fook!! How the hell did that happen. Oxegen is one of the most disgusting commercial festivals ever. Appart from gigs there is nothing to do unless you want to hang out with a load of Chavs at the fairground pickpocketing or hang out with them in the camping areas assaulting people and setting Tents on fire........It is an event rotten to the core!!! They even had to close down their offical forum a few years back because of the amount and seriousness of complaints!! :D:D

I hate Oxegen and I wish it would go away!............

Edited by ThomThomDrum

From the article

"Last year’s event was voted Best European Festival at the British Festival Awards. "

What the fook!! How the hell did that happen. Oxegen is one of the most disgusting commercial festivals ever. Appart from gigs there is nothing to do unless you want to hang out with a load of Chavs at the fairground pickpocketing or hang out with them in the camping areas assaulting people and setting Tents on fire........It is an event rotten to the core!!! They even had to close down their offical forum a few years back because of the amount and seriousness of complaints!! :D:D

But don't the Brits all go to FIB every year? I've never seen that many at Witnness/Oxegen so surprised they'd vote for it. Although I think I've seen coverage from Oxegen on a Brit TV Station? If you're seeing sets on tv it looks a lot better than the actual experience!

Edited by Lake

I went over to Oxygen 2007. Cost me so much for my tickets, and flights and it was the biggest puddle of wa*k ever. I left early and stayed in a hotel in Dublin on the last day. Really horrible atmosphere there. There were loads of people singing pro I.R.A. songs all night round are tent. Was scared to open our mouths cos as soon as people realised we were English their manner changed towards us. Whats with all that? Thats what I love about Glasto - friendliest festival in the world!!!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this old topic (with news that has now officially been confirmed) but I felt I had to post this.

I'm surprised people are saying how intimidating Oxegen feels. When I went in 2005 I found the atmosphere to be great, especially compared to the atmosphere at Leeds later that year which felt more tense.

Mind you I haven't been since '05 so it could have got worse since but I'm just saying it was alright when I went.

Sorry to bump this old topic (with news that has now officially been confirmed) but I felt I had to post this.

I'm surprised people are saying how intimidating Oxegen feels. When I went in 2005 I found the atmosphere to be great, especially compared to the atmosphere at Leeds later that year which felt more tense.

Mind you I haven't been since '05 so it could have got worse since but I'm just saying it was alright when I went.

...Actually, Oxegen has improved immeasurably since '05. The food is better, the layout of the site is better and the campsites are a bit better. Still can't say it's any good though, the sound is appalling and as pointed out earlier in the thread, there's way too many drunken teenagers falling about. Sorry to whoever had to listen to idiots singing pro-IRA songs...we're not all living in the past!, do come back (when the euro gets a bit weaker!)...but next time make it the electric picnic...much nicer affair altogether! :huh:

From the article

What the fook!! How the hell did that happen. Oxegen is one of the most disgusting commercial festivals ever. Appart from gigs there is nothing to do unless you want to hang out with a load of Chavs at the fairground pickpocketing or hang out with them in the camping areas assaulting people and setting Tents on fire........It is an event rotten to the core!!! They even had to close down their offical forum a few years back because of the amount and seriousness of complaints!! ;):P