Blur Last Years Verve

Guest sinned666

So looks like blur are well and truly whoring themselves out in verve 08 fashion.

I cant blame the band members, a massive money spinner for all involved etc.

But i get sick of seeing festival after festival putting the same headliners on.

People might aswell just go to one festival as the chances of you seeing the same headliners is becoming more and more common as it each year goes by.

Each festival use to have its own selling point, certain acts which are on, or even certain areas (lost vagueness/Shangri La). But its now come to the point were one festival is copying off the other, or hiring the same bands, which i think it then loses its originality..

Festival Promoters need a kick up the ass...

I suppose people may disagree but i think Blur will be a lot better than the Verve, purely because they've got better songs & they're are more upbeat. I know the Verve are popular but i think Blur have contributed a lot more to music & will be a lot more fun to watch. Despite not recording anything in ages, they aren't as much of a spent force compared to the Verve. Before the Verve broke up, it had been a long slow painful death waiting for them to end it all.

I don't have a problem with bands playing several festivals - surely it gives people who were unable to get tickets for Glasto a chance to see them somewhere else, and that can't be a bad thing can it?

Echobelly and Kula Shaker are rumoured to be headlining the Pyramid Stage in 2010, how exciting!

Edited by maxhoyland

I suppose people may disagree but i think Blur will be a lot better than the Verve, purely because they've got better songs & they're are more upbeat. I know the Verve are popular but i think Blur have contributed a lot more to music & will be a lot more fun to watch. Despite not recording anything in ages, they aren't as much of a spent force compared to the Verve. Before the Verve broke up, it had been a long slow painful death waiting for them to end it all.