Shout if you love Real Ale

Guest Sam Crawley

As Tugger said, that's a bloody shame ;)

Well I propose to move the meeting back 24 hours, how about...

12 Noon on Thursday at the Red Flag

It can be a pre drinks drink, before moving down to the cider bus later.

Show your interest here in this thread, no need for lists, just turn up and say Hi.

No doubt this thread wont die out in the next 64 days <_< Oh, 65 days to the Real Ale Meet !

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it changes this year then The Red Flag bar won't be open until Thursday. :rolleyes:

Last year's times (and from memory previous years as well):

Red Flag - Open Thursday 12pm-12am Then daily from 11am-12am

It doesn't always seem to open on time Thursday lunchtime either - perhaps the staff training takes longer than expected?

Good thread!knew it was bad news reading this today - finished work late and got some speckled hen on the way home :rolleyes:

Really I should look for a thread titled 'How to stay sober and get fit for glasto'

As Tugger said, that's a bloody shame :rolleyes:

Show your interest here in this thread, no need for lists, just turn up and say Hi.

Nearer the day I'll try and think up some sort of suitable attractive garb to wear for everyone to home in on, or maybe some will be wearing an efest shirt? How about an efest footie shirt ?

TSU we can compare photo's. "oooh, I like that up-skirt shot of the blonde cheerleader"

hombrederayo, you won't have to worry about spewing up later 'cause of no football, or is that normal anyway :)

No doubt this thread wont die out in the next 64 days :lol: Oh, 65 days to the Real Ale Meet !

Nice one on moving this to thursday staberinde...although looks like you have to coz of the opening times.

I'll be there for sure, as long as someone in is happy to wander down with me as Ive no idea where it is, someone said the acoustic stage, but Ive never been there either!

And for the record, I dont think I have ever thrown up when drinking decent bitter/ale, its only when Ive mixed my drinks and also been drinking shots, cocktails, wine etc that thats happened....

I just want to make sure I play vaguelly decent at the footie thats all.

If this 12 noon at the Red Flag plan stays intact then we hope to be there -- work shifts permitting though.

We might get an 8 til 12!! :lol:

That'd be like a 5:30 pm Friday finish then to the pub on a normal work week.

But earlier.

And on a Thursday.

And at Glastonbury ;);)

hey, I hope you make it WoW,

I've met you about three times over the last 10 years, always only for a quick hello at meets etc, but it would be nice to meet you when we're both fairly sober :lol:

As Ive said for newcomers to the thread, meet up for a few pints of decent real ale

12 Noon Thursday

at The Red Flag

on the left just inside the Acoustic Field

No lists, no need to have your named confirmed, just turn up and say Hi :lol:

It will be a pre-drink drink, before moving down to the cider bus later for the main meet.

So in line with the cider thread - any news on what the official ale will be at the fest this year? Has it been Wherry every year for the past few years, or is it possible it may change? You want something not too strong alcohol wise, but packed with some good flavours - I vote for Alton's Pride from Triple FFF brewery!

seeing as pressed apples and pears have got all the alcoholic love today thought id mention this

my local only usually has Pride & ESB as its ales. now i dont mind this, there both good for different things

but the new excellent landlord has instigated a policy of opening up to to more (fullers) variety

so its just got seafarers in. nice pint. i was pleasently surprised with the amount of flavour contained within the glass and at 3.6% is a very lovely session beer

on a real ale theme, the Reading Beer festival starts today (well, it started yesterday, but its starts for me today!). Im leaving work at 12noon and heading down there for a quality afternoon/evening/night session. Its gonna be a good one.

http://www.readingbeerfestival.org.uk/

As Tugger said, that's a bloody shame :lol:

Nearer the day I'll try and think up some sort of suitable attractive garb to wear for everyone to home in on, or maybe some will be wearing an efest shirt? How about an efest footie shirt ?

TSU we can compare photo's. "oooh, I like that up-skirt shot of the blonde cheerleader"

hombrederayo, you won't have to worry about spewing up later 'cause of no football, or is that normal anyway :)

No doubt this thread wont die out in the next 64 days :) Oh, 65 days to the Real Ale Meet !