Recommending New Bands and Music for Glasto

Guest Sam Crawley

Nightmare of You have a cult following in the US but are relatively unknown over here. They are doing a tour of small venues in the UK in April and I recommend them having seen them support Ash in New York last year.

Type? Indie Rock is a bit loose.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_of_You

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/nightmareofyou

The Highliners!!! Cos there's a fair chance you'll actually get to see them at Glastonbury, they played the Sensation Seekers Stage every night in the same field as the Comedy tent, just past Jazz World in 2008 and 2005.

They are absolutely fabulous. I was bored in 2005 and wandering around on my way back to the tent (no way was I going to watch Coldplay) when I heard this drifting over the fields-

Went over to investigate to find 40 other nutters going completely mad to their music and we all ended up doing the conga at about half midnight. Skipped seeing Tori Amos on the Sunday night to go back and watch them and recognised about half a dozen other people from the previous night who'd gone back again. And I met a couple of the guys on the Sunday night and they were absolutely lovely.

Went to see them again twice last year and they were still fabulous.

The Communicators are booked for the Friday to play on the Croissant Neuf Stage.

Formed in the early part of 2005 The Communicators began their journey as a covers band performing to sell out audiences across the country, playing tracks from the Specials, Bad Manners and Madness - plus many more. As their audiences have grown, so has their repetoire - finally culminating in the launch of their debut original album "Care in the Communicators".

With a banging back line consisting of Drums, Bass, Percussion & Keyboards! Coupled with a red hot guitar player, a Brass section Bad Manners would be proud of, great backing vocals and a front man that cuts the mustard not only vocally but in his skanking attitude also,

The Communicators are a must see for any one that has ever worn a pair of Dr Martins or a Crombie!

www.myspace.com/thecomms or www.the-communicators.co.uk

The Communicators are booked for the Friday to play on the Croissant Neuf Stage.

Formed in the early part of 2005 The Communicators began their journey as a covers band performing to sell out audiences across the country, playing tracks from the Specials, Bad Manners and Madness - plus many more. As their audiences have grown, so has their repetoire - finally culminating in the launch of their debut original album "Care in the Communicators".

With a banging back line consisting of Drums, Bass, Percussion & Keyboards! Coupled with a red hot guitar player, a Brass section Bad Manners would be proud of, great backing vocals and a front man that cuts the mustard not only vocally but in his skanking attitude also,

The Communicators are a must see for any one that has ever worn a pair of Dr Martins or a Crombie!

www.myspace.com/thecomms or www.the-communicators.co.uk

Here are the Emerging Talent Bands, presumably all worth checking out. I've linked to all of them in some format (Youtube/Myspace/own website):

Stornoway

Sub-Universe

The Gentle Good

Hope & Social

The Slips

Yr Ods

Citystereo

Dead Like Harry

Charlene Soraia

The Mojo Fins

And the runners up, one of whom will make it through after public vote:

The Blueskies

Chris Lawson Jones

Dobi Kwe

Emily Breeze

Maura Kincaid

Les Oeufs

Paul Liddell

The Molotovs

Mr. & Mrs.

Tin Soldiers

Vote here: www.qthemusic.com/glastonburynewtalent/ (NB: free Glasto tickets prize draw for entry!)