Duffy?

Guest greeny81

I'm very surprised there's been no mention or rumour that Duffy will be appearing on the pyramid this year - remembering ME's comments after last year that she 'could headline' next year - I know headlining is'nt or should'nt happen but still reckon she will play & be fairly high up on the Pyramid bill maybe 3 from the top on the Sat/Sun (more leaning towrds Sunday below Blur/The specials perhaps) Plus Glato has a recent tradition of giving slots to people who've had the biggest selling album the previous year a big slot and no-one's sold more records than Duffy in the last year (see Amy Winehouse last year after also playing in '07,Arctic Monkeys in '07,even go back to Keane in '05 after Hopes and Fears)

It could be that no one on here is particularly bothered for her.

If you stick her on on the Sunday on The Pyramid it will further my view that Sunday

is all about pleasing the chair and blanket fraternity down the front , along with the

BBC viewers at home.

i was going to say she's hot tho, then google imaged her and she actually contarry to that pic on her album cover- http://www.wesbutters.com/images/musicalbums/Duffy.jpg which is hot, actually lookes like a tranny- http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_0...202_468x538.jpg

:):);):) That second pic is horrendous. She is definitely prettier then that - maybe they just caught her on a bad day... like the day she ran out of hormone replacement tablets or something.

Saw her on the Other Stage at Glasto last year and she was confident and competent enough and she got a decent crowd to see her.

2libo03.jpg

But personally I don't think she is Pyramid Stage headline material for the foreseeable future though as lacks maturity.

I reckon she will be high up on one of the smaller stages at this years GF which is okay for her fans.

Edited by DaveMac

I know the question is really just whether she'll play or not and if she does then fair enough (as long as I don't find out she's taken the place of someone decent!).

However with regards headlining the Pyramid Stage?????????

Surely you have to have earned such a place??? I'd be interested to see how quickly she fades after her first album like the majority of acts like this. I personally think that you really should have earned your stripes before you play with the big boys!