Duffy?

Guest greeny81

As she is obviously going to appeal to the armchair viewers at home !

For once the BBC should show some bollocks and say

" Duffy is now on The Pyramid Stage , but we are going over to The Glade for 2 hours of

Suicidal Tendencies ! "

:(

I went for The Raconteurs (who were great). I saw the whole (or most, at least) of Joan's set on the iPlayer after we'd got home... I was deeply saddened that I'd missed her... :(

that Joan Armatrading performance was the most emotional performance I've ever seen, it was mind-blowing. You really did miss something very VERY special.

I'd made a point of going to see her off the back of having seen her on the Pyramid in about '94 - I'd gone to that one out of nothing more than vague interest, and was blown away then too. But last year was even better - a friend of mine who saw it was moved to tears (I've got a feeling that sifi has previously posted that he was too).

How she does it I just don't know, but she REALLY does it. I don't think there's any act that gets anywhere close. :(

that Joan Armatrading performance was the most emotional performance I've ever seen, it was mind-blowing. You really did miss something very VERY special.

I'd made a point of going to see her off the back of having seen her on the Pyramid in about '94 - I'd gone to that one out of nothing more than vague interest, and was blown away then too. But last year was even better - a friend of mine who saw it was moved to tears (I've got a feeling that sifi has previously posted that he was too).

How she does it I just don't know, but she REALLY does it. I don't think there's any act that gets anywhere close. :lol:

Did anyone see her performance on the Brits the other night? It was ok, but whoever was operating the follow-spot should have been shot - for the first minute and a half of the song the top of the circle of light only came up as far as her neck! Mind you, some people would see this as an advantage...

As for playing Glasto, I think she's do alright on the Pyramid stage, Sunday afternoon. Ivan's right, she'd be a blanket/BBC pleaser but still worth a watch if nowt else was on.

The 1st time I saw Duffy was on Jools H Late Show and I seem to remember she was very casually dressed in jeans and woolly jumper circa 50/60's style. She sung with complete natural ease and seemed to behave completly natural in front of thecameras.

Unfortunately some make over has occured and now her dress and stage actions seemed to be very controlled. My advice to Duffy is go back to doing your own thing.

Having said that I would certainly go and see her, although it would be good to have some new material. I am too old to call her foxy but she is a natural beauty, when allowed to show it.

Think she was on after the wombats last year who I thought was pretty good, then duffy came on who had a great voice but fook me she put me on such a downer, it really was death by duffer. I had to leave after a few song. My mates mrs loved it though. Each to there own I suppose.