going alone

Guest festival frenzy

My friend looks liek eh has to work glasto weekend so is going to cnacel his ticket leaving me with the decision whther or not to go alone or to cancel mine as well, I have been glasto twice beofre and love every minute of it nbut was wondering what it would be like going on my own, does anyone recomend it, also im travelling from essex and will ahve to find my own way there by either coach or train, i have always managed to get a lift from friends in da past. whats the best thing to do?

don't cancel your ticket just because you're going it alone. loads of people go solo. i'm going solo this year, unless some mates can get off their arses when the april tix go on sale. you'll meet plenty of people. in years past, i've ended up losing my mates early on during the day, so practically ended up being a bit of a 'solo' thing regardless.

I went alone before,

I walked in through the gate near the old "new bands tent" (John Peel) and the very first person I saw I knew from college.

I found a bar and some people I started chatting to noticed I was carrying my tent and what not and said to go go and camp with them. After setting my tent up next to their's one of their friends I hadn't yet met came out of a different tent. She was the spitting image of a good friend of mine and it turned out she was her sister and my "good friend" was coming up the following day.

It was probably the most social and definitely the wildest Glasto I had out of 9.

If you are a chatty person and you enjoy adventuring alone I would say that your friend cancelling could possibly be a good thing. But then I'm a lonely grumpy sod that enjoys time alone, a bit too much at times :lol:

Edited by Arronbury

I went alone back in 2004 (my first) and four years later I was sharing a house with one of the people in the tent next to mine. I've been twice since that year and have always taken people along with me, mainly because I want everyone I know to experience it at least once in their lives... but on the flipside I've never quite felt as liberated as I did that first time.