The range of food this year to be wider

Guest mike99

Applications to trade at Glastonbury 2009 closed in January, with thousands applying – food stalls, charity stalls, campaign stalls, craft stalls, clothes stalls, camping stalls, from the mundane to the exotic and bizarre. Festival-goers will be pleased to know that the range of food will be wider than ever - pies cooked on site, sushi, Arabian delights, organic burgers, stone baked pizzas, falafels – the list is endless.

When deciding upon which food traders to invite, we are looking closely at their the price lists – and their “Best Buy”. Once traders have accepted their offers, we will be publishing info about “Best Buys”, so that Festival-goers can get even better value for money.

Festival Office staff have been working through all applications over the past month, considering each and every application – and are starting to see daylight. Fiona and Dani tell us that they expect to make offers on all the sites in the next ten days. Before the end of the month they will have replied to everyone who applied and let them know one way or another.

Applications to trade at Glastonbury 2009 closed in January, with thousands applying – food stalls, charity stalls, campaign stalls, craft stalls, clothes stalls, camping stalls, from the mundane to the exotic and bizarre. Festival-goers will be pleased to know that the range of food will be wider than ever - pies cooked on site, sushi, Arabian delights, organic burgers, stone baked pizzas, falafels – the list is endless.

When deciding upon which food traders to invite, we are looking closely at their the price lists – and their “Best Buy”. Once traders have accepted their offers, we will be publishing info about “Best Buys”, so that Festival-goers can get even better value for money.

Festival Office staff have been working through all applications over the past month, considering each and every application – and are starting to see daylight. Fiona and Dani tell us that they expect to make offers on all the sites in the next ten days. Before the end of the month they will have replied to everyone who applied and let them know one way or another.

:P:D

One of my mates walked around for ages trying to find this place, its all he banged on about for days :lol: there seems to be a large group of hardcore curried goat lovers. Im sure there was a stall in the dance village bit.... could be wrong there as there`s so many stalls :lol:

As long as 'Chez Nous' is allowed to grace us with their presence again then I'll be a happy man. Gammon, egg + chips or the sunday roast pork with crackling, potatoes, veg, gravy, apple sauce .... pure heaven.

Its good to hear though that the vans selling dirt burgers for a fiver may find their days are numbered.

I did enjoy the aussie steak sandwich stall as well. I'm always a touch bewildered by those plates of food with peas/gravy and that, basically, i want meat and bread so I can keep wandering around and don't need to balance a plate on my knees and use a knife and fork. By the Friday, that's generally a bit beyond me most of the time.

Food thread going strong on the Questions side of things /index.php?showtopic=113979">here too. Plenty of Jamaican Goat appreciation going on there as well, but I do have a question - is it a goat from Jamaica or goat cooked Jamaican style?! ;) I can report that the excellent Goan Fish Curry next to Jazz World involves fish from Cornwall ;)

on the curried goat theme, apart from the days at hyde park last year, i found it at every festy i went to.

Ben & Jerrys ** simply not enough meat to bone ratio, great flavour but not hearty enough by far

Unleashed *** fine sauce, great meat ratio, but rice overcooked

Reading *** again a fine sauce, but its meat to rice ratio was far to slanted to the rice

Latitude **** almost perfect, tasty meat, good rice, only reason it doesnt get 5* is..........

Cornbury ***** the perfect goat curry, huge portion, after many free pimms and frozen margherita's possibly the only thing that could have steadied me down - divine!!

;);)

Edited by Tugger2k

can everybody please call it by its correct name. its curry goat. not curried goat, not goat curry.

go into any authentic jamaican and ask for goat curry and you'll get laughed out of the place ;)

ok, rant over ;) did anyone try the venison burgers on the way from the jazzworld to the main markets?

i try to go there every year. and any fans of burritos here? i :) them.

Edited by pezzypops

Didn't see the venison last year... Would have been on that though. Hope that comes back!

Oooh yes, burritos too. Were they from the place near Jazzworld too? I'm sure I had some mexican over there but can't remember what it was. Tasty I seem to remember.

Clearly Jazzworld is the place for the tasty tasty grub!

[/quote

theres some great stuff in the green fields as well

but the jazz has always seemed to have less of the shitburger type establishments than the other big stages