placebo?

Guest Loz3005

I've just upset my little sis (who I am going to glastonbury with for the first time) by telling her placebo will be playing Rockness. She now wants to go Rockness instead!!!!! What are the chances of placebo playing Glastonbury?? ;)

Pathetic that some of you are just turning this in to a hate thread against placebo, just because at one gig he flipped out for a few minutes.

Majority of rock band leadman have at some time gone off at a fan or two. It happens!

Did you read the rest of that review, the person writing remarks on one negative point and then goes on to say how quality the gig was and that they are one of the best live acts around.

Pathetic that some of you are just turning this in to a hate thread against placebo, just because at one gig he flipped out for a few minutes.

Majority of rock band leadman have at some time gone off at a fan or two. It happens!

Did you read the rest of that review, the person writing remarks on one negative point and then goes on to say how quality the gig was and that they are one of the best live acts around.

1 Gig did you say.............

Its not his 1st, and it wont be his last, a very simple search on google will turn up 10's of times he's flipped his lid, the man's lucky to still have a career and then goes and treats the people that have given him that career like their the lucky ones.

an overated, overblown dickhead, that somehow managed to write 2 or 3 decent tunes, then spent the last ten years with his head firmly planted in his rectum

and no, the majority rock band lead men dont stop playing in the middle of a fecking gig, managing to piss off the entire audience.

he's a twunt, and thats that.

having said all that, if you could guarantee that he'd put on a show without all the juvenile histrionics, id go see em again, but seeing as no one can............

1 Gig did you say.............

Its not his 1st, and it wont be his last, a very simple search on google will turn up 10's of times he's flipped his lid, the man's lucky to still have a career and then goes and treats the people that have given him that career like their the lucky ones.

an overated, overblown dickhead, that somehow managed to write 2 or 3 decent tunes, then spent the last ten years with his head firmly planted in his rectum

and no, the majority rock band lead men dont stop playing in the middle of a fecking gig, managing to piss off the entire audience.

he's a twunt, and thats that.

having said all that, if you could guarantee that he'd put on a show without all the juvenile histrionics, id go see em again, but seeing as no one can............

Fair enough.

Number one, i've never seen them live.

Number two, I had no idea that he'd flipped out on numerous occasions.

I think they've made a few quality albums and would like to see them live once just to get my own opinion.

I'm suprised by all the negativity, I've seen them well over ten times and they've always been good, I've never witnessed a problem. I've known him to say things about people throwing stuff at the stage, but I'd agree with him there.

Their schedule from end May to early July is getting full with festival dates, with only one weekend completely free...Glastonbury weekend, and no other English appearances yet announced, it looks quite promising. Although I'd rather see them at Sonisphere or Reading, as whenever a band I love plays Glastonbury the crowd always seem fairly unexcited and I get frustrated that people are standing around seemingly uninterested. Watch the BBC footage of Raconteurs last year...everyone says it was a great gig, and yet the crowd are just stood still looking miserable. When I saw Placebo at Glastonbury in 1998 it was ruined by people around me right down the front drunkenly talking/shouting through the quiet songs, having dumb converations with their friends waiting for the next hit, which ruined the mood.

• 4 weeks later...
When I saw Placebo at Glastonbury in 1998 it was ruined by people around me right down the front drunkenly talking/shouting through the quiet songs, having dumb converations with their friends waiting for the next hit, which ruined the mood.