Possible 4th headliner...?

Guest howard the oryx

Not sure how reliable the source is, but a friend of mine told me that a work colleague of hers recently spoke to Eavis himself and he said that the headliners would probably be Blur, NY, Springsteen and Coldplay. That's all I've heard, I don't know the person who alledgedly spoke to Eavis so can't vouch for them... and I wouldn't expect Eavis to go around telling people the line-up this early on.

Not fussed about Coldplay personally, sounds like an excuse to discover something new methinks... unless they are on just before Young or the Boss of course. But hey, they must have some fans out there...

My friend's brother went out with a girl, who said she sat next to a person on the bus, who was an old school friend of the mother-in-law of the guy who works in the Glastonbury Festivals office... and my friend's brother who went out with the girl who sat next to the guy on the bus who was the old school friend of the mother-in-law of the guy who works at Glasto HQ, said it couldn't be Coldplay because Chris Martin has to scrub off the writting on his hand that weekend (the Granny Smith kid swapped his pen for permenant marker).

My friend's brother went out with a girl, who said she sat next to a person on the bus, who was an old school friend of the mother-in-law of the guy who works in the Glastonbury Festivals office... and my friend's brother who went out with the girl who sat next to the guy on the bus who was the old school friend of the mother-in-law of the guy who works at Glasto HQ, said it couldn't be Coldplay because Chris Martin has to scrub off the writting on his hand that weekend (the Granny Smith kid swapped his pen for permenant marker).

Looking on the bright side, perhaps it's a cover for that Stone Roses reunion he's got up his sleeve?

Personally I'd quite like the 4th headliner to remain mere speculation until they come on stage...

I once got in a taxi driven by a guy who had flown over Glastonbury on the way back from his holiday and at that time, Eavis was sending smoke signals about who the headliners would be. Apprently its going to be:

Pyramid:

Friday: Elvis

Saturday: Beethoven

Sunday: Pink Floyd (orignal line up)

Other:

Friday: Mozart

Saturday: Led Zep (original line up)

Sunday: Michael Jackson

it defo seems to be the case that the Coldplay rumour just won't die.

I've been trying very hard to get it properly checked out for around a month now, but without any luck so far. Hopefully I might have some info either way in the next week or two.

Edited by Alcatraz

I know they've done Glastonbury loads but I've never seen Coldplay live so I'd be happy enough if it was them. Don't like all their songs but there's enough there that I do like - Viva La Vida is a great song. If they're really a 4th headliner what have people got to complain about, it's not like there won't be loads else on. Glastonbury would have done really well this year it they got Coldplay as well as Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and Blur - that's quite a list of headliners.