Which slot is considered best?

Guest sjhopewell

We all know that headlining the Pyramid is the "main" performance. But what would the order be after that - i.e. is it considered better to be headlining the Other Stage, or second from top on the Pyramid?

Any of the other stages hold a certain prestige?

...and finally, do you think any of the nights are regarded more highly than the others?

I think not enough is made of the very first slot on the Pyramid on the Friday morning. I thought buxom Kate Nash despite her music not being to my taste was excellently suited to that time. It just seemed to pick everything up. See also when The Darkness played the breakfast shift.

Pop music with beer and bacon baguettes. As Beck said, it's where it's at.

From the band's perspective?

I think anything from early evening on either the Other Stage or Pyramid. You get the TV coverage. Don't need to be top of the bill to "win it".

e2a: hallamboy might be on to something. Sunset slot is gooood. Either being there, or looking nice on telly.

Edited by paulo999

This'll be my first year but I'd assume in a way that being 2nd on the Pyramid can be better than top on the Other, simply because you'll have all the people waiting around for the headliner there as well - so you'd all but have the crowd of a pyramid headliner.

Having said that, the crowd could get very hostile if they're not actually there to see you, whereas if there's no one on after you then you know the crowd are all there to see you. :lol:

2nd from top on the pyramid on the Sunday. the ultimate "penultimate" spot...if you consider who usually gets this spot in the past, it seems pretty prestigious...almost like the '4th headliner' that ME is talking about this year.

in yrs past

08 - Leonard Cohen

07 - Kaiser Chiefs (all right, all right, Manics should have been above them)

05 - Primal Scream (past headliners)

04 - Morrissey

03- Manic Street Preachers (past headliners)

02 - Roger Waters

95 - Simple Minds (they were still huge back then)