Springsteen confirmed

Guest Winston Legthigh

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh right, i see, thanks for explaining(no need to google now :P ) well i would never throw a bottle of piss if thats what they mean, as i said, i just used that because it was the worst thing i could think of to happen at a gig, so don't worry, i aint gonna give your "BOSS" a golden shower, or boo him, or even stick my finger up at him, i will be too busy listening to franz ferdnand.

just adding some thoughts to this.....does it say something about me that ive never posted any aggressive reposts against anyone elses likes...i would not be bothered about seeing Orbital for example (tho i still might) but im sure it would be manic for those who get thrilled by them...he is a very important as by American standards he is political and socially aware and anti right wing American governments. He is line with Guthrie and Dylan, 'dancing in the dark' excepted. Just listen to the poetry on the first four albums especially, remiminscent of Kerouac...i happen to love songs that tell a story and Bruce tells a great story....he was the first gig i went to in 1988. Funnily enough after all the lambasting of Jay Z last year.....my nephew wents along hating him and leaving saying it was the best thing he ever saw...i on the other hand went to see The Proclaimers headline Avalon and all the rest of my crew could not understand how buzzed I was when i met back up with them and telling me id missed out on jz, this is Glasto folks

Where will that be then...... :(
Edited by MikeyB37

He is one of the biggest selling artists of all time. He pretty much never plays festivals. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant - he is a HUGE act.

I would give you some more reasons as to why you are wrong, but with the "piss throwing" comment, I assume you are merely trolling so I'll save my bluster

I just hope it doesn't mean a load of elderly Bruceheads, not interested in the rest of glastonbury, hoovering up the rest of the spares thus affecting the atmosphere.

Apart from you saying you wanted to throw piss at a headliner.... at a festival you've never been too before...no reason whatsoever to have anything against you mate.None whatsoever. As mentioned no body on this forum has a problem with someone not liking an artist, Bruce in this case...in fact i understand how someone would not like Bruce as i used to have no time for him. But to suggest that he's not worthy of a headline slot(whatever the case about throwing your piss at him) is quite simply the height of ignorance...mind the you the piss throwing jibe has probably elicited the response you wanted so fair play.. :P

read the thread, read my posts, i aint gonna throw piss at anyone,this is ment to be a glasto forum, where's the love? well mine certainly gone, wooden spoon or what ever your name is, where do you live? i will be quite happy to meet you for you to call me names to my face, right before i smack yours.

did you say you might throw piss at an act? Yes you did.

Have you brought the response you've got onto yourself? Yes you have.

If you think the right response to that is to threaten people with violence then you're not welcome here. End of.

no its not. its a moment like that for his fans.

i know his music inside out through being tortured by my family and friends for over 20 years. i personally would rather chew my own arm off than be there for the overblown bombast that its bound to be.

however, for those that love him, and there are many, i hope it is a great moment for you all, but please dont go stating that for those of us that he's never clicked with should be there for the 'moment' alone. for us, we would be missing great festival moments of our own simply to go with the crowd and i'd rather cut my own path.

read the thread, read my posts, i aint gonna throw piss at anyone,this is ment to be a glasto forum, where's the love? well mine certainly gone, wooden spoon or what ever your name is, where do you live? i will be quite happy to meet you for you to call me names to my face, right before i smack yours.