Poetry

Guest whisty

Last year out of curiosity I popped my nose into the little Poetry tent, there was a lady telling a story which slowly but surely, as if she had a magic piece of string pulled me in, sat me down & kept me there for the duration. It was very enjoyable :O

The problem I have is that I've no idea who she was! I think maybe Canadian, possibly on Fri during the day & had a hand puppet. I looked at the program and still couldn't figure it.

Normally I wouldn't give Poetry a first glance So I'd like to give her and the Poetry tent a little publicity & also know who she was :O

Any ideas from anybody who I actually saw?

Edited by whisty

Ok, that helps a bit because the person that sprang to my mind from your first post, especially in terms of being drawn in and utterly mesmerised, would be Joolz Denby. I wandered into a tent for a break from the pouring rain in 2004 and ended up staying for about an hour listening to her.

However she isn't Canadian (from Bradford) and I don't recall her with a hand puppet at any point that I've seen her in the past. But she's a fairly recognisable lady so if you can remember vaguely what she looks like, here's her website http://www.joolz.net/index.html

Ok, that helps a bit because the person that sprang to my mind from your first post, especially in terms of being drawn in and utterly mesmerised, would be Joolz Denby. I wandered into a tent for a break from the pouring rain in 2004 and ended up staying for about an hour listening to her.

However she isn't Canadian (from Bradford) and I don't recall her with a hand puppet at any point that I've seen her in the past. But she's a fairly recognisable lady so if you can remember vaguely what she looks like, here's her website http://www.joolz.net/index.html

Edited by whisty