Contrasts with TITP

Guest Guy Rope Tripper

It makes me wonder if i was like that at my first festival.

First went 2 T when i was 16 in 2003. Only went with one other mate! Spent most of the weekend by myself tho seeing bands and speaking to randoms!

Not been on eFests in a good while, and reading this thread has got me well up for the summer fests.

Went to Rockness for the first time last year and had an absolute blast. The reasons already stated by others means it just shades it for me over T.

If its anything like last year Rockness 09 is gonna be one of the highlights of the year.

oh im so excited.

i bet im the MOST excited.

That’s a hard question to answer mate. Did I enjoy one more than the other? Cant say I did, went with different people to each one and had an amazing time at T, Rockness & Connect

T - I find there is more random banter but that could just be cos theres more people. Always managed to see loads of bands I love. More people I know go 2 T than any other fest & the party in the campsite is awesome. But its too big & too many people. Wont stop me going tho!

Rockness - Only been once which was last year. Site is fantastic, good food & choice of booze, atmosphere was incredible (such a breath of fresh air from T), more punter friendly, weather was outstanding. Only bad thing about rockness was we had to leave on the Monday.

Connect - Only been once which was last year. Also loved the site here next to Inverarie Castle & surrounded by tree's & hills, again good food & choice of booze, probably my favourite line-up of the 3. But, weather was crap, campsite was a bog & not enough toilets.

So id have 2 say Rockness comes out on top. But if the weather had been good at connect then that may have been better. There was just something special about connect for me!

aww waw! Yeah ok you can be cool lol.

Have to agree with Benchbaddah though. Their set at rockness was soooo good. Been listening to it the last 2 days in my car. It's just so so so so good, cant help but drive along dancing :D

edit :

No idea what your Daft Punk experience was like so i'm not saying 07 was better or anything ;)

That's a shame for you. 07 just came out of no where after an hour and a half wait. It really was a spectacular gig. I don't even think "gig" does it any favours. It was almost like the gods of music decided to come on down to Rockness and strut their stuff. Was truly a breathtaking show.

I have it on my computer but not sure how I would get it to you lol. Have a look for the "Daft Punk - Live @ Coachella Belfast" set it's bascilly the same set. You will probably have to download it as a torrent though.

I will try get a hold of the files and think of something but for now that will have to do. Amazing set though!!!! Good Luck!