The Specials

Guest 504329lt

oh man, the newcastle gig was fooking amazing, one of the best gigs I've been to! got down front/left and skanked away. one of the best things had to be the crowd - the entire floor were dancing and singing and Terry & Nev were amazing to watch up front.

who needs dammers???

roll on glasto!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, saw them at Brum Academy on saturday and i dont ever remember such a fantastic atmosphere in there, hotter than hell and sweat/condensation pouring from the ceiling. Had to wring the beer & sweat out of my T shirt afterwards & i'm still nursing the crushed toes today... just the way it should be :D:lol:

Also agree about Glasto, i'm sure they'll put on a top show but it just won't be the same as being rammed in the Academy with about 2000 other nutters.

Does anyone know when the Academy's closing down & moving to the Dome? I'm guessing it's quite soon now, not looking forward to that at all :(

Birmingham Academy's closing down? :(
Edited by MikeyB37

Yeah, they're flattening/redeveloping that whole corner of Brum, managed to find out that it closes in september :D

I'm having nightmares about the new academy being all shiny, clean and bright. I just hope they realise that we want black walls, dark corners and sticky rubber floors in our venues!

I went to many of my first gigs there when it was the Hummingbird. Then it closed down for at least 5 years, before reopening as the Academy. It was sorely missed during that period: there wasn't really an alternative venue of the same size in Birmingham.

And it'll be missed again now. The Dome is nowhere near as handy for the trains, which will badly affect the practicality of going to gigs in Brum for people in the surrounding towns.

OTOH, Brum's loss of Bar Academy might be Leamington's gain when acts book the Leamington Assembly instead :lol:

OTOH, Brum's loss of Bar Academy might be Leamington's gain when acts book the Leamington Assembly instead :rolleyes:

to be honest, Friday at the pyramid just looks pretty damn special all round

Neil Young, Dizzee Rascal, Fleet Foxes, The Specials, Lily Allen

I think that literally all of those could be band of the festival for somebody! It's very, very good work all round! The question is, what order do they go in. If Lily's at 6, then I would guess:

Dizzee, Lily, Fleet Foxes, The Specials, Neil???????

Man o man, I will be there, skanking away, for that Fleet Foxes/Specials transition, if that's the case.......