Pig FLu

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it matters what animals they have there. I'm more worried about the thousands of people all grouped together coughing and sneezing on each other. If this pig flu thing keeps spreading it COULD be a problem. The WHO (World Health Organisation, not the band!) have said that this virus can't be contained now.

It's worth keeping an eye on.

tbh I don't think being an island will make a blind bit of difference. Maybe back in the centuries when the only way in was on a ship, but we are a major world hub, so unless they stop all flights in, it won't matter really.

I see nothing wrong with laughing about this. May as well have a giggle if we're all going to die. If I get the flu, you are all allowed to have a proper belly laugh at my expense; it's the least I can do!

Trust the chicken to stick up for the pigs... :D

Cheer up will you.

There is wrong in everything people say...seriously. No one is out to offend, just their way of dealing with it.

Yes its tragic people have died but hey, people die every day. People killed in car crashes doesnt stop people having a laugh about others who drive like shit...if this was the case we would live in a very miserable world indeed.

Im not having a pop at you, just making a point.

If it offends you, don't get involved. :)

Best summery I can find

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_flu_2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_fl...tbreak_timeline

While there are 2,583+ suspected, only 264 are confirmed, while nearly 200 have dies, only 26 have definitely been IDed as swine flu. Almost a neat 100/10/1 ratio. The dead have all picked it up before we knew what was happening or too late for the medication to take effect.

It is H1N1 which is why those in the know are bricking it right now, its the version that mutated into the deadly 1918 version. It certainly deserves watching by the scientific community. But all this?

With the last two scares, western Europe has at least got plans of action in place (as long as they are not as poor at the foot and mouth plan!) and resources (antivirals).

It is amazing what the press will jump on now Jade goody is dead, Obama has got his kids their dog, and we are all bored of the economy! Bay Trading going into recivership is not really news (they are not Wollies are they, now if Boots or WH Smiths went under!) unless you're a pig farmer or living near one in Mexico, for the moment its a panic about panic!

Best summery I can find

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_flu_2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_fl...tbreak_timeline

While there are 2,583+ suspected, only 264 are confirmed, while nearly 200 have dies, only 26 have definitely been IDed as swine flu. Almost a neat 100/10/1 ratio. The dead have all picked it up before we knew what was happening or too late for the medication to take effect.

It is H1N1 which is why those in the know are bricking it right now, its the version that mutated into the deadly 1918 version. It certainly deserves watching by the scientific community. But all this?

With the last two scares, western Europe has at least got plans of action in place (as long as they are not as poor at the foot and mouth plan!) and resources (antivirals).

It is amazing what the press will jump on now Jade goody is dead, Obama has got his kids their dog, and we are all bored of the economy! Bay Trading going into recivership is not really news (they are not Wollies are they, now if Boots or WH Smiths went under!) unless you're a pig farmer or living near one in Mexico, for the moment its a panic about panic!

When I first saw this thread yesterday I was devistated for a moment at the thought there might not be a Glastonbury this year if it escalates.

The fact that we could all die never really crossed my mind.

Now that's Glastonbury obsession for you :-)

I don't think it matters what animals they have there. I'm more worried about the thousands of people all grouped together coughing and sneezing on each other. If this pig flu thing keeps spreading it COULD be a problem. The WHO (World Health Organisation, not the band!) have said that this virus can't be contained now.

It's worth keeping an eye on.

it's funny 'cos it's true!

Thing is though, how is living in a large city any worse really than a big festie? I mean, a walk down Oxford St, or a ride on the tube or bus, where thousands of people get on a nd off, leaving germs behind, that surely is as dangerous?

Toilet Duck - bring forth thy knowledge and save the festival!!

it's funny 'cos it's true!

Thing is though, how is living in a large city any worse really than a big festie? I mean, a walk down Oxford St, or a ride on the tube or bus, where thousands of people get on a nd off, leaving germs behind, that surely is as dangerous?

Toilet Duck - bring forth thy knowledge and save the festival!!