New additions & Wikipedia

Guest jamesbduk

V2009

Tickets for V 2009 went on general sale on 6 March 2009. A limited number of tickets went on sale at 10am on 19 August 2008, following the end of the 2008 festival. Weekend tickets were priced at £132.50 (no camping) and £152.50 (with camping) for the weekend. On 2 March 2009 NME confirmed The Killers and Oasis as headliners. [4]

Chelmsford Saturday/Staffordshire Sunday:

V Stage: The Killers, Razorlight, The Specials, Lily Allen, The Script, Taylor Swift, Starsailor

4Music: Fatboy Slim, Pendulum, The Ting Tings, The Wombats, Athlete, Red Light Company, The Noisettes

The ARENA: 2ManyDJs, Calvin Harris, Happy Mondays, The Saturdays, Will Young, The Hours

Virgin Mobile Union: Peter Doherty, Goldie Lookin Chain, Pete Murray, The Sunshine Underground, Phoenix, VV Brown

Staffordshire Saturday/Chelmsford Sunday:

V Stage: Oasis, Snow Patrol, Elbow, James, Biffy Clyro, James Morrison, Ocean Colour Scene

4Music: Keane, The Enemy, Paolo Nutini, Katy Perry, Dizzee Rascal, The King Blues, The Proclaimers

The ARENA MGMT, Gomez, Lady Gaga, The Streets, Alesha Dixon, Daniel Merriweather, Natalie Imbruglia, Lemar, Human League

Virgin Mobile Union: Gary Go, Mystery Jets, Ladyhawke, The Golden Silvers

[5]

The second wave of acts was leaked by the official V website around the 24th April. Although yet to be officialy confirmed, the general concensus from popular Festival forums such as efestivals, is that the 2009 line up is particularly poor, but reflective of a general decline in quality year on year.

:)

Theres a few there I haven't seen mentioned before

VV Brown, The Golden Silvers, Gomez [f**kING GOMEZ YESSSSS!!!!!!], The Hours [seen these before they're dull, dull, dull]

Aw but look where they've put Gomez, under MGMT! Thats high, man they're just using all acts who played the other year and pushing them up the ,line up, Gomez, GLC, Will Young, Gary go, Calvin Harris

proves that the competition is high these days and V just can't get the acts in, I reckon they blew the budget on Oasis and Killers

VV Brown, The Golden Silvers, Gomez [f**kING GOMEZ YESSSSS!!!!!!], The Hours [seen these before they're dull, dull, dull]

Aw but look where they've put Gomez, under MGMT! Thats high, man they're just using all acts who played the other year and pushing them up the ,line up, Gomez, GLC, Will Young, Gary go, Calvin Harris

proves that the competition is high these days and V just can't get the acts in, I reckon they blew the budget on Oasis and Killers

there could still be some late announcements that 'save' the festival this year...i just think the general disregard that the organisers show the people who go suggests that its unlikely this year...if they've got some decent bands lined up you would think they would have announced a couple more of them this time round

""proves that the competition is high these days and V just can't get the acts in, I reckon they blew the budget on Oasis and Killers""

a waste in my opinion

i personally have lost faith in the organisers, dont think anyone should expect to see any more acts to be announced that are bigger than the likes of lemar or will young

...not to be pessimistic or anything :angry:

I agree and I didn't expect much after the first announcement this year anyway, still smaller acts are fine as long as they're good!

Mew, Fiery Furnaces, The Knife, Digitialism, !!!, Bat For Lashes, Easy Star All Stars, Crystal Castles, Holy f**k, Hot Hot Heat, Modeselktor, Nine Black Alps, Jenny Lewis, The Music, Palace Fires, Secret Machines, Boy Least Likely To, The Dears would all be excellent additions for example

Theres plenty of good dance and indie acts out there, but these pop acts I bet come dead cheap so V loves filling the line up with them