NDubz

Guest PaulDavis

by way of comparison, last time Oasis headlined the V stage looked like this (from V Fest official site)

Oasis, Maroon 5, The Zutons, Jet, The La’s, Goldie Lookin Chain, The Stands.

and the other day

Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand, Embrace, Athlete, Joss Stone, Tony Christie, Idlewild, Rooster.

with the Channel 4 like this

The Chemical Brothers, Doves, Kaiser Chiefs, The Bravery, Good Charlotte, The Magic Numbers, KT Tunstall, The Departure, Tom Vek, Young Knives.

The Prodigy, The Hives, The Music, Turin Brakes, The Ordinary Boys, Thirteen Senses, I Am Kloot, The Frames, El Presidente.

Selected highlights also included

Robert Plant, Sonic Youth, The Polyphonic Spree, Ian Brown, The Roots, Dizzee Rascal, Goldfrapp

Yep, that's right. Sonic Youth

Oh, and I'm not just V bashing for the sake of it. I firmly believe that the organisers could get the mix of pop they want without having to resort to the likes of nDubz, Tinchy Stryder, Katy Perry et al.

There are plenty of pop bands out there that have enough about them to play a festival and do a good job of it.

Edited by TheNewUnion

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its definatly the case that V can book these pop acts because one they probably don't get any competition from other festivals for their services and then hence V probably gets them much cheaper than the indie acts and thus thats why they're booking them cus they keep selling out with it

I can only see the problem getting bigger until it fails to sell out

The thing is I wonder how many people who go to V read this forum, I wonder how many people who work with the V festival read this forum, theres no official forum, theres no outlay between the loyal V goers and the festival

Im going Download this year and the feedback between the punter and the organisers is unbelievebly good, they actually want to put on the best festival for the punters, and why maybe its because they have rock in their hearts and they care about the music and their reputation, but also because a festival like Download wouldn't sell out if they didn't keep that loyal fanbase happy

But V does, until V doesn't sell out, its not going to change

Why is everyone complaining, if you don't want to see them don't see them.

Other people may want to see them... e.g me.

Seeing as they are a good live band.

What v have done have added people to the line up that can fulfill all genres.

At the end of the day i don't see what everyones problem is.

by way of comparison, last time Oasis headlined the V stage looked like this (from V Fest official site)

and the other day

Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand, Embrace, Athlete, Joss Stone, Tony Christie, Idlewild, Rooster.

The Chemical Brothers, Doves, Kaiser Chiefs, The Bravery, Good Charlotte, The Magic Numbers, KT Tunstall, The Departure, Tom Vek, Young Knives.

The Prodigy, The Hives, The Music, Turin Brakes, The Ordinary Boys, Thirteen Senses, I Am Kloot, The Frames, El Presidente.

Robert Plant, Sonic Youth, The Polyphonic Spree, Ian Brown, The Roots, Dizzee Rascal, Goldfrapp

Oh, and I'm not just V bashing for the sake of it. I firmly believe that the organisers could get the mix of pop they want without having to resort to the likes of nDubz, Tinchy Stryder, Katy Perry et al.

There are plenty of pop bands out there that have enough about them to play a festival and do a good job of it.

and the other day

^ could you ever see the likes of nine inch nails at V though, or even janes addiction <_<

e.g http://www.vimeo.com/3388630 <--- that at V, no chance

a lot of people at hylands park didn't know what to do when lost prophets played a pretty lame set, they'd run off scared if someone like NIN played i think

Edited by funkymp

Its funny how all the people defending N-Dubz selection, seem to have a 09 join date and have things like

09 - V Festival Chelmsford

09- T4 on the beach

No one who went to V a couple of years back would ever admit to going to T4 on the beach!! Now it is the same demographic, it is what V has become. Its blatantly obvious the people going to V this year are folk who have watched it on T4 over the last couple of years and are into all this pop guff, see it as credible music and think V looks great on the telly

V is dead as you know it people, perhaps it is time to stop moaning, pack up and move on and leave it for this new crowd. We starting to plan our Coachella trip last night, some sunshine in March is just what's in order, then Reading only in August for some decent music

Its funny how all the people defending N-Dubz selection, seem to have a 09 join date and have things like

09- T4 on the beach

No one who went to V a couple of years back would ever admit to going to T4 on the beach!! Now it is the same demographic, it is what V has become. Its blatantly obvious the people going to V this year are folk who have watched it on T4 over the last couple of years and are into all this pop guff, see it as credible music and think V looks great on the telly

V is dead as you know it people, perhaps it is time to stop moaning, pack up and move on and leave it for this new crowd. We starting to plan our Coachella trip last night, some sunshine in March is just what's in order, then Reading only in August for some decent music

09- T4 on the beach