The V Anniversary Line Up

Guest Sonofjackass

Apparently next years V is a 15th Anniversary or something similar.

Im thinking maybe they skimped on the budget this year so they have more money for next year.

My theory (well, dream more like) is that they are gonna bring back some of the best acts from all previous Vfests, from the big ones down to the small ones.

For example, The Foo's, Blur, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Gomez etc etc

Anywho, i thought it would be a laugh to all pitch in and create a line up consisting of previous acts from V

Green Day haven't played since 98 and they have never headlined so I think they should try and get Green Day next year. A previous headliner I would want back would be Foo Fighters but it might be too soon as they only played 2007.

Agree that Arctics would be good, was really hoping they would play a part this year but sadly it's not to be. Otherwise I'd like to see Feeder, Beck, Basement Jaxx, De La Soul, 10cc (random, I know), Elvis Costello, Primus and more Hot Chip. That would make for a very entertaining weekend! Oh, and isn't it about time Prince set foot in sunny Chelmsford?!

HA HA HA Green Day heavy?

They're as pop as pop can be!

Green Day are definatly a potential for V but I still think they will playt Reading and Leeds as they have pretty much pop acts too now and usually one act who wouldn't get booked at V, this year all their headliners are acts that could play V and have done other than Artics

I still think next year we will get Arctics and White Stripes as White Stripes said they only want to headline festivals they haven't before, that leaves V as the big ones, and surely they'll have a new album soon

next year

Reading - Green Day, Muse, My Chemical Romance

V - Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes

Download - Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182, and a classic rock headliner not sure who

Glasto - Radiohead, and a bunch of old school acts as its the 40th anniversary and they've said thats what they're doing

Sonisphere - god knows

TITP- whatever they want from the above

next year

Download - Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182, and a classic rock headliner not sure who

Glasto - Radiohead, and a bunch of old school acts as its the 40th anniversary and they've said thats what they're doing

Sonisphere - god knows

Ah yeah. Libertines, good chance they will be a Reading headliner, drop one of the Reading headliners above and Sonisphere will have them, if that is its still going next year, cus it seems to be having some trouble selling out this year, I can see it possibly becoming a one dayer next year

Green Day are definatly a potential for V but I still think they will playt Reading and Leeds as they have pretty much pop acts too now and usually one act who wouldn't get booked at V, this year all their headliners are acts that could play V and have done other than Artics

mmmh can't say I agree with you at all on the above Green Day a pop you can't be serious? :P

Yes understand they are not a heavy metal time rock band however I feel given the choice of acts now V are tending to lean towards I can't see Green Day at all at V - just can't and as said in post these are pretty on the nail for L/R in my eyes....

Edited by luckysalt

V has booked Foo Fighters repeatedly, I can't see why they wouldn't want Green Day, Green Day aren't any heavier, its more that Green Day don't want to play V

and of course there was the incident in 1998, maybe Green Day feel V needs them more than they need V and they would be right

and I agree Green Day are nailed on for R&L cus they would choose that over V any day, unless V absolutely threw a SHIT load of cash at Green Day

Edited by Carpetburn

I still think next year we will get Arctics and White Stripes as White Stripes said they only want to headline festivals they haven't before, that leaves V as the big ones, and surely they'll have a new album soon

next year

Sonisphere - god knows