Are lots of people disapointed with the line up?

Guest Alexiss

True Lippy but its a great excuse to get loads of my mates (who are dotted all around the country) and people I met at V together for a bit of a mash up. Having tried to organise it without V it never quite comes off.

But no I don't think its the best line-up but its not earthshatteringly bad. I think its a case of them trying to represent the charts more, which is bad for a lot of us V regulars as most of us think the charts are full of crap now...

If you look back at 2007 the line-up was quite similar but had Foo Fighters (mega fan) on it and a few more rockier / indie bands, these have been moved in favour of more electronica and 'younger' listener bands like The Saturdays - which sucks for people like me.

Still I will have a great time I know and most people who are complaining will, but it has kinda made me look at whether I'll get an earlybird ticket again. Still looking forward to it as last festival of 2009 for me!

True Lippy but its a great excuse to get loads of my mates (who are dotted all around the country) and people I met at V together for a bit of a mash up. Having tried to organise it without V it never quite comes off.

But no I don't think its the best line-up but its not earthshatteringly bad. I think its a case of them trying to represent the charts more, which is bad for a lot of us V regulars as most of us think the charts are full of crap now...

If you look back at 2007 the line-up was quite similar but had Foo Fighters (mega fan) on it and a few more rockier / indie bands, these have been moved in favour of more electronica and 'younger' listener bands like The Saturdays - which sucks for people like me.

Still I will have a great time I know and most people who are complaining will, but it has kinda made me look at whether I'll get an earlybird ticket again. Still looking forward to it as last festival of 2009 for me!

My kids were watching a kids tv channel and an advert comes up for The Ultimate Pop Party CD, and I realised pretty much all the acts mentioned on the ad are playing V this year, or did last year.

On further investigation I get even more depressed. Based on that, the V line up next year will include Shontelle, Cascada and the Pussycat Dolls, perhaps with Take That as headliners!

Take That as headlines - could be worse, could be Mick Hucknall, and then I'd be somewhere on the grassy knoll with the sniper rifle doing the world a favour...

I understand what people are saying about the line-up not being 'The Great Weekend' we all wanted, but still enough to just about warrant the money. If I wanted to see some of these bands separately then its £30 a pop so 5 bands covers it.

I think V has switched tack to be more charty-pop as it can't hope to compete with Reading/Leeds for Indie/Hard rock or even Download for rock. But it can compete with the TOTB and things like that. Which is bad for us hard rock and indie lovers who have been to V for years...

Take That as headlines - could be worse, could be Mick Hucknall, and then I'd be somewhere on the grassy knoll with the sniper rifle doing the world a favour...

I understand what people are saying about the line-up not being 'The Great Weekend' we all wanted, but still enough to just about warrant the money. If I wanted to see some of these bands separately then its £30 a pop so 5 bands covers it.

I think V has switched tack to be more charty-pop as it can't hope to compete with Reading/Leeds for Indie/Hard rock or even Download for rock. But it can compete with the TOTB and things like that. Which is bad for us hard rock and indie lovers who have been to V for years...

Edited by Carpetburn

its all swing and rounabouts. one year one festival will have agood lineup, the next year they will have a indifferent one. glastonbury for some people had a poor lineup and this year they think its going to be fantastic.

v will probably have a good lineup next year.

festival organisers of the big festivals are so inept nowadays theres only so many bands that can go around. lets take download, I think its going to pretty easy to pick headliners for that next year with metallica taking one of the births. linkin park will either headline reading/leeds or download.

v will probably have kings of leon headlining.

Theres never really many suprises in lineups anymore especially the headliners. theres only glastonbury that take the slightest risk with muse, coldlay, kings of leon and errr skunk anansie headlining a festival first there.

its all swing and rounabouts. one year one festival will have agood lineup, the next year they will have a indifferent one. glastonbury for some people had a poor lineup and this year they think its going to be fantastic.

v will probably have a good lineup next year.

festival organisers of the big festivals are so inept nowadays theres only so many bands that can go around. lets take download, I think its going to pretty easy to pick headliners for that next year with metallica taking one of the births. linkin park will either headline reading/leeds or download.

v will probably have kings of leon headlining.

Theres never really many suprises in lineups anymore especially the headliners. theres only glastonbury that take the slightest risk with muse, coldlay, kings of leon and errr skunk anansie headlining a festival first there.

After going to V for the first time in 2004 i've bought my ticket on the early bird scheme each year (I think). I must admit I think this year the lineup is as weak as it's ever been while i've been going but as has been said before the weekend will be as good as ever as i'm there with my mates and there's enough decent music. I'm spoilt as Oasis are there but I can appreciate other people's indifference to the lineup

I buy tickets for both V & Glasto without knowing the lineup, they are my holidays with my mates away from my family where i can be myself for a week a year.

To me the line up is irrelevant. What is annoying the hell out of me is the bloody police presence at Staffs. Last year we had our vehicle pulled in to the spot check tent where they let a dog with muddy paws climb all over our gear & van, our van is a gorgieous VW T4 worth approx £8000. The atitude of the police was dreadfull, they looked down on us like scum, never mind that some of us earn a lot more than police officers & some of our lot are businessmen too. The police even said they where surprised at the number of people they had pulled in who did work. They where under the impression it was a free festival full of free loading drug users!!!! That is why I am seriously debating whether I should payout another £200 next year to subsidise those bastards in the little whit tent.

poor lineup or not Staffordshire police are the ones who have ruined it for me, in the past I have been searched by police on the way into arena, been questioned by police officers. For me this is totally unacceptable, V must have one of the lowest crime rates of any festival. i have also stopepd going abroad because of the bloody hassle at UK airports & being treat like a 2nd class citizen

IT PISSES ME OFF