Help me, i've never camped at a festival!

Guest CrazyRach

Hello!

Myself and my friends are going to Glasto but i've never camped at a festival before, can anyone answer the following questions for me?

1) Is it true that people urinate in your tent when you’re sleeping?

2) Is it true that people have been drugged and kidnapped by hippies?

3) Am I allowed to make noise during the night or will people shout at me?

4) Will they sell coca cola in cans and not the horrid plastic bottles?

5) Is it gross to wee in a bucket inside my tent as I will be too drunk/ tired/ scared to go during the night?

Your answers are much appreciated :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a joke or are you being serious?

Hello!

Myself and my friends are going to Glasto but i've never camped at a festival before, can anyone answer the following questions for me?

5) Is it gross to wee in a bucket inside my tent as I will be too drunk/ tired/ scared to go during the night?

Your answers are much appreciated :D

No

No

Yes but think of others if you are near tents

They sell both (I think), but they are expensive

If you pour it down the toilet in the morning its fine, pouring it in the hedge is not fine and you'll get the green police on your back. Not good!

Edited by Dukeicon

Yes.

Yes.

People will shout at you.

No just bottles.

Yes, no buckets allowed on site.

Hello There,

I will try and help you out with your questions you asked, even though most of them are 100% untrue.

From my experience no, glastonbury is the freindlyest place on earth and if anyone did that to someone then I'm sure their neighbours will have something to say about that.

:):D:D

Whoever told you that must really hate the festival, and not know the definition if hippie! hippies are peace loving people who are anti violent and against anything like that, they will definately not drug and kidnap you!

Some campsites are lively some are not, you must appreciate that some people might want to get to sleep but it really depends on when you camp.

You can get coke in cans, or "horrid" plastic bottles.

The toilets are perfectly fine, I took a trip to the loos before when I despirately needed to go and I was alright.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

Hello!

Only going to reply to two of these windy-uppy questions... :)

As someone already posted, be considerate of others.

If you intend to sniff the white fantastic and play drum and bass all night on a tinny but loud music player of some sorts (just to pull a random recent Glasto experience out of the air), do it away from the tents.

Try those Travel John thingummies.

Ideal for those moments when it's 0330hrs and the toilets seem just soooo faaaar away... not to mention the fact that you're all cosy in your sleeping bag, and slipping about in the mud and cold doesn't feel like a happy option.

Also, the fire buckets are not for pissing in. They're for putting out fires.

It's bad enough your tent being on fire, without people rushing to the rescue only to find they're throwing buckets of piss at you and your belongings.

Only going to reply to two of these windy-uppy questions... :)

As someone already posted, be considerate of others.

If you intend to sniff the white fantastic and play drum and bass all night on a tinny but loud music player of some sorts (just to pull a random recent Glasto experience out of the air), do it away from the tents.

Try those Travel John thingummies.

Ideal for those moments when it's 0330hrs and the toilets seem just soooo faaaar away... not to mention the fact that you're all cosy in your sleeping bag, and slipping about in the mud and cold doesn't feel like a happy option.

Also, the fire buckets are not for pissing in. They're for putting out fires.

It's bad enough your tent being on fire, without people rushing to the rescue only to find they're throwing buckets of piss at you and your belongings.

Hello!

This is Glastonbury, not Leeds. It is true, that yes, for a small fee, you can find someone to do this to you, but personally if I was paying for it, I would want to be awake. :)

Only the lucky ones. :huh:

There is no night and day :huh: , during the night is still party time, if you want to be noisy go to Trash City or Shangri La, you can be as noisy as you like at any time. :)

Yes and drug dealers will sell special coke in wraps if you have enough money, try the stone circle. :):D

This is accepatable. Last year I wee'd in an ice cream container, with a lid. I left it outside the tent to take to the loos the next day. (emptying it onto the grass is not accepatable). My son saw it and thought that i'd brought his favourite ice cream, he was rather disappointed when he took the lid off, to say the least :D There some extra advice for you - do not look in other peoples ice cream containers especially if they have left them outside their tents in the middle of the night!

Your answers are much appreciated :(

and so are your questions, eh bless.

Seems to be a friend of a friend of a friend legend!

Only if you want to be kidnapped!

Yes, unless you are in the family field they will usually shout "BOLLOX!" or "I'm Sparticus!" at you (after your first night,it will make sense), if your smoking they may try and skank a fag/backy/skins/light, if they are realy wrecked you may get a really slurred "I love you"

I think I have seen cans at the yellow stalls (the general stores of the festival), certainly larger bottles. I've not noticed as I usually only buy a large bottle of water and a carton of cranberry juice from them.

A bit gross, if you can get one that has a lid, or even better is one that can be sealed its better (I use an empty fabric conditioner bottle) using said bucket for anything else, that's really gross

More likely to be you peeing in your tent!

Yes then fed to the cattle! Last years car park had 49 unclaimed cars in it!

Possibly but at Reading they set you on fire

The cans and bottles are fine its the coke that the real issue. have a read up they are shite on humanity!

Only if you knock it over your sleeping back on the first night!

Never come across it. Have come across people urinating on tents though!

Not me but there is a first time for everything I guess. I like to have a new Glastonbury experience every year!

nothing wrong with noise. You are at a festival. Just don't camp in family.

I think they do, yes, but I tend to stick to alcohol.

Yes. It makes me go 'yuck' but I know people who do do it! :)

Hello!

Yes....or it was until I found out that those little boxes are not in fact a type of Teepee....I was slightly annoyed that I had paid that bloke £100 to rent one....even if it did have running water.

Totally...they roam in bands and would even molest your gran.

Depends on the noise you are making.....moans of pleasure may induce an audience ...or if your lucky a group of passing hippies will piss on you.

Cola is usually sold in old oil cans...if you go on the official site you can see them all lined up .

I think it is only gross if you are that drunk that you forget you have done it....and then use it to clean your teeth in the morning.

Hello!

Your answers are much appreciated :P