V compared to Glastonbury

Guest PaulDavis

So you moan about lilly allen yet V has Natalie imbruglia,Katy perry,the Saturdays,Taylor swift and Lemar all which are really really bad but then again the crowd that goes there loves that type of music the best thing about V this year is biffy and elbow .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True...can't understand the argument some people are using that it doesn't matter if theres a huge gap between decent bands because they can get pissed with their mates etc...errr...thanks, but I get 51 other weeks a year to do that...what V's job is is to provide a decent soundtrack to the weekend...sorry, but Lilly Allen et al just don't do it...

I can't be arsed fannying about listening to some obscure acoustic band and then some performance poetry. But if that's what you're into, then fair enough!
Edited by MikeyB37

Haha sorry. It's just my opinion. This is an internet forum. An internet forum is typically used to express opinions. I don't mean to sound patronising, but we all have our own thoughts and if you don't like em then good for you, you aren't the ones thinking them.

I just want to see a load of bands I like. I can't be arsed fannying about listening to some obscure acoustic band and then some performance poetry. But if that's what you're into, then fair enough!

Glastonbury - It might have more depth, but who's going to be able to see all of those bands anyway? V Festival just has a few big acts one after another on a huge stage with no messing about with about 12 other stages, as far as I know. I'd be much happier at V.

Melvin Benn owns Mean Fiddler group

no he doesn't. :(

Melvin had a (I think) 5% share in Mean Fiddler, when it was Mean Fiddler. The major shareholder was Vince Power.

When Mean Fiddler was sold to Hansard (it's current owners), Melvin also sold his shareholding. Mean Fiddler has of course since been renamed Festival Republic.

Hansard is owned joinly by MCD (an Irish promoter, who owns the biggest shareholding in V Fest), and Live Nation (I'm sure you know who they are), with Live Nation having a very slightly greater shareholding, giving them control of the company.

this gives him the chance to bag the best bands first

again, not true. There is an amount of proper competition between the various festivals.

then finally you have V which is left with the bits no one else wants!!!!

not true. V is booked by Metropolis and SJM along with MCD, and between those three organisations they have great sway over bands.

no he doesn't. :rolleyes:

Melvin had a (I think) 5% share in Mean Fiddler, when it was Mean Fiddler. The major shareholder was Vince Power.

When Mean Fiddler was sold to Hansard (it's current owners), Melvin also sold his shareholding. Mean Fiddler has of course since been renamed Festival Republic.

Hansard is owned joinly by MCD (an Irish promoter, who owns the biggest shareholding in V Fest), and Live Nation (I'm sure you know who they are), with Live Nation having a very slightly greater shareholding, giving them control of the company.

again, not true. There is an amount of proper competition between the various festivals.

not true. V is booked by Metropolis and SJM along with MCD, and between those three organisations they have great sway over bands.

And your point is?... That's the usual for festivals, or roughly 9 if your being technical.

To be fair the likes of Trash City has a drag strip. That's where the gay bars, strip clubs and karaoke are. The acts there probably count more than 3 an hour. Just admit defeat, what has V got compared to Trash City, it goes on till 6 in the morning. I doubt anything.

ive never admitted v was better than glastonbury, glastonbury to me is the greatest place on earth. I was being an arse as you said 1000 bands over 100 stages, that would be 10 over the weekend not over one day! :D

Next month will be my 9th Glasto , and I have done about 10 Leeds and loads of V's

Glastonbury is a full on Weds- Sunday festival experience, wheras V is a Weekend watching bands

drinking and partying.

I do like V , its has it faults, and as I have said many times , if they were both about the same

time in the calender Glasto would win every time.

But they are not , and so the 3th or 4 week in August is a nice place to spend a weekend and watch

some cracking acts.

But of all the acts I have seen both at V and Glastonbury , the Glastonbury set always stands out more and is the one I remember more fondly !

Next month will be my 9th Glasto , and I have done about 10 Leeds and loads of V's

Glastonbury is a full on Weds- Sunday festival experience, wheras V is a Weekend watching bands

drinking and partying.

I do like V , its has it faults, and as I have said many times , if they were both about the same

time in the calender Glasto would win every time.

But they are not , and so the 3th or 4 week in August is a nice place to spend a weekend and watch

some cracking acts.

But of all the acts I have seen both at V and Glastonbury , the Glastonbury set always stands out more and is the one I remember more fondly !

Edited by irons