Ufc

just/john

Was I the only one who found the ESPN coverage really irritating? Always cutting to adverts halfway thru commentator's sentences and showing the same three annoying adverts all the time.

Nope... not the only one. I was getting incredibly frustrated, and it's actually put me off subscribing once the free month ends. I was thinking about upgrading to XL in order to get it, but if they're going to continue doing ads like that then I shan't bother.

The adverts at the end of fights didn't bother me so much (when they were doing stupid stuff like looking in fighters locker rooms and such); but in between rounds so we missed the coaches advising the fighters was very annoying.

Was I the only one who found the ESPN coverage really irritating? Always cutting to adverts halfway thru commentator's sentences and showing the same three annoying adverts all the time.

I dunno. Most US tv is like that, so it's not going to get much better. For the main bouts at least they didn't do it so much.

Anyone staying up for the Strikeforce show on Saturday? Should be on the sopcast (as long as they don't choose to show the ufc100 replay). Werdum should get bumped up to the main card, Hieron and Taylor could be a battle, and then there are the two girls.

Full card: Here

Might be a good show....

Edited by Halcyon

Anyone staying up for the Strikeforce show on Saturday? Should be on the sopcast (as long as they don't choose to show the ufc100 replay). Werdum should get bumped up to the main card, Hieron and Taylor could be a battle, and then there are the two girls.

Full card: Here

Might be a good show....

Cyborg in two minutes...

Its my birthday on Saturday. I'll be horrificly drunk, but if it doesnt start until late I migth stick it on.

L E S N A R v Shane Carwin in November then.

Carwin is 11-0 and a scary motherf**ker, never gone past 3 minutes in a fight. BUT, was getting owned a bit by Gonzaga in his last fight until he caught him. He's a good wrestler but doesnt have a the credentials that Brock has and has never been tested on the ground. He could be more powerful (at least in terms of striking) than Brock, but he's never been in there with anyone near the level of Lesnar. Lesnar may be 4-1 but he's been in there with Mir twice, Herring and Couture. Lesnar will also be quicker and and bigger in there. So its hard to look past Lesnar in this one.

UFC 102 on sat, Im looking forwar to it.

Lets see some predictions;

Randy Couture Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Got to go with Nog Knock-out, but i'm pulling for randy.

Keith Jardine Vs. Thiago Silva - Should be interesting imo, will be finished for sure, im going for silva KO

Chris Leben Vs. Jake Rosholt - Don't really know much about rosholt, leben is a bit crap imo, so rosholt

Nate Marquardt Vs. Demian Maia - 11-0 Maia fancy him to keep going for 12.

Brandon Vera Vs. Krzysztof Soszynski - 6 fight streakfor the pole and i think he will be stopped. im going for vera.

In other mma news rampage is goin to be in the new a-team film as b.a. baracus (mr t) awsome casting!

I'm usually shite with predictions but I'm confident with these.

Randy via TKO. Nog looked horrible against Mir and is apparently is terrible shape. The beatings over the years have taken their toll...

Thiago via TKO because Keith Jardine f**king sucks.

Maia via submission in the 1st. Because he's awesome.

Leben via decision.

The Pole via TKO becuase Brandon Vera also f**king sucks.

In other mma news rampage is goin to be in the new a-team film as b.a. baracus (mr t) awsome casting!

:D:rolleyes::D

Link?

EDIT: Urrgh, it was in the Sun

Bullshit apparently http://mmawaves.com/2009/08/27/quinton-ram...m-movie-remake/

Edited by minute5072

As much as I love Rampage, there is only one person in the world qualified to play B.A. Baracus, and thats Mr. T. Unless Cleveland Brown out of Family Guy was a real person, in which case, he would also be suitable.

Does anyone else agree with me when I say that Keith Jardine f**king sucks? I dont care if he's beat Forrest and Chuck, his fights always suck, he does f**king nothing apart from run away all fight, he has the stupidest entrance music ever, he f**king moans whenever he gets beat, his pathetically big crin just before the fight starts is embarrasing, especially when you consider all he's going to do all fight is run away, and he has the stupidest facial hair in all sport, I mean for f**ks sake, he's bald and had a ginger beard? What the f**k is that all about? Didnt The Warlord have something like that like twenty years ago? And what the f**k is that nickname all about? The Dean of Mean? What the f**k is that? I hate Keith Jardine and I cant wait to see him get his arse kicked.

Randy Couture Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Randy

Keith Jardine Vs. Thiago Silva - Techno Viking :rolleyes: (although I hope he gets battered)

Chris Leben Vs. Jake Rosholt - Leben

Nate Marquardt Vs. Demian Maia - Maia

Brandon Vera Vs. Krzysztof Soszynski - Sosz