LIVE CHAT WITH ROCKNESS' FESTIVAL DIRECTOR JIM KING HERE AT 7PM

Guest BestiBruce

Hi all, Jim is going to be here at 7pm to answer any questions you have about RockNess 2009 so feel free to post up a question and he'll post back an answer. If you could hold back posting too many questions at once that'd be great so he can answer them one at a time. One question per post please but you can post as many times as you like.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, Jim is going to be here at 7pm to answer any questions you have about RockNess 2009 so feel free to post up a question and he'll post back an answer. If you could hold back posting too many questions at once that'd be great so he can answer them one at a time. One question per post please but you can post as many times as you like.

Hi BestiBruce heres my first of many,

Hey Jim,

great to get this opportunity and well done for giving it, us regular festi goers have little form of knowledge if our ideas are ever heard, on that note my question is based around the Rockness website, or lack of a decent regularly updated one, whilst i appreciate this take up a lot of of probably unavailiable resources wouldn't it be an idea to get some fans on board who would populate the site in exchange for tickets much like T in the Park used to do in the old days?

Hey Jim, any ideas of what headliners you got a possibility of for next year. Also did you contact any big acts this year but they declined to play or where unable? Who were these acts?

Also is the line-up page on the site going to be updated so it shows EVERY act and what stage they are playing on?

Thanks

Stephen

Edited by stepo11

Hi BestiBruce heres my first of many,

Hey Jim,

great to get this opportunity and well done for giving it, us regular festi goers have little form of knowledge if our ideas are ever heard, on that note my question is based around the Rockness website, or lack of a decent regularly updated one, whilst i appreciate this take up a lot of of probably unavailiable resources wouldn't it be an idea to get some fans on board who would populate the site in exchange for tickets much like T in the Park used to do in the old days?

Jim

Much respect for doing this. I dont think many festival directors would offer this opportunity to the punters. I just want to know, when Daft Punk played in 2007 (what an AMAZING show!!), did you have much contact with the actual duo, and if so did they reveal themselves, or does the air of mystery extend into the backstage as well? they surely dont wear the helmets for the entire time theyre onsite do they???

Hi Jim

I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy so many great acts in the Highlands.

My only question really is about capacity. Are there any plans to increase? I personally hope that Rockness will remain at the current capacity and not get overcrowded like other festivals that are out there.

Iain

Jim, much respect for doing this.

another thing is that we want to give a band the option to play for 2 hours on the friday so that they can really do something special. i dont want the whole show to be just festival sets like you see at T. we want at least one part of it to be about a band grabbing the opporunity to do something a bit different.

Hi Jim.

I was just wondering if Rockness has a long term plan. How many years do you plan on keeping it going and how many years do you think it will be before Rockness is established and sells out?

Hello,

Do you see ticket prices rising again next year?

Since prices were raised this year should we expect a bigger and better line-up next year? Also since Rockness has been the 1 weekend in June for the last few years but now its been changed to the 2nd weekend in June, will it always be one of these weekends?

Also roughly how many ticket sales has there been is it close to selling out?

When will the full line-up be put onto the website with ALL the acts included so we can see what stage they are on?

One last question, to STOP all these stupid rumours. Can you confirm acts like the Prodigy etc have NOT pulled out.

Thanks

Edited by stepo11

Jim

Much respect for doing this. I dont think many festival directors would offer this opportunity to the punters. I just want to know, when Daft Punk played in 2007 (what an AMAZING show!!), did you have much contact with the actual duo, and if so did they reveal themselves, or does the air of mystery extend into the backstage as well? they surely dont wear the helmets for the entire time theyre onsite do they???