LIVE CHAT WITH ROCKNESS' FESTIVAL DIRECTOR JIM KING HERE AT 7PM

Guest BestiBruce

hi

some bits are definently more enjoyable than others. i tend to enjoy the most part once the show is running though but its a hugely different experience to being there as a punter. you never really engage with the fun which is a shame.

highlights from over the years have been

- seeing the site for the first time

- daft punk playing in the clash arena

- norman's first year was v special. everyone said it wouldnt work.

- editors's set last year. perfect weather, great performance.

- 2manydjs / soulwax

- any time you wake up on show day and the sun is out.

bad points have been

- putting daft punk in the bloody tent!

- getting the coach service so badly wrong in year 1

- whenever i hear 'sorry we're doing T'.

- anyone getting hurt or even worse is clearly the worst thing though.

the problem with the laminates is that they get printed 10 days before the show and then when we're on site we are guaranteed to have someone miss their flight or in felix's case not be feeling well so wanted to play earlier.

to counter this we are going to have an information screen in the campsite this year as well as one side of stage like normal and we'll put any changes up on these screens so people know about them. there be other info messages as well but we'll definately get set time chnages up so people know about them.

jim

Edited by jamiefeg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

I think its incredible have answered everyones questions includin some that were slightly critical!

If you see this then maybe you could help me out .....

I cant decide weather to see Prodigy or the mighty Erol ....

any chance Erol could do a set later in the camp site :rolleyes: lol wishful thinking eh!?

Cheers,

Stu

hi rachel

sorry i missed this yesterday.

re: daft punk, we speak to their agent every year about their plans and so we will definately be up for having them again is they want to. main stage this time though for sure.

Edited by 5head

i've just spent about a half hour reading the last 5 pages. i've not been here in about a week, gutted about missing this op but it's been really good. Hats off to you Jim. Can't wait until next weekend!!! it's when you see the pics of the site that you just want to leave work and go!!

Thanks Jim!

i've just spent about a half hour reading the last 5 pages. i've not been here in about a week, gutted about missing this op but it's been really good. Hats off to you Jim. Can't wait until next weekend!!! it's when you see the pics of the site that you just want to leave work and go!!

Thanks Jim!

He never answered my booze -> campsite question :)

Come back soon Jim!!

Hi Jim,

I'm just curious about the furries dj set on the rizla bus. It was originally announced as Gruff Rhys was playing but is now billed as the furries soundsystem, does that mean other members of the band will be taking turns too? Just i know how some of them like to dabble in techno music and that would be brilliant if they done a varied set. And are the furries likely to be on at the same time as Orbital?

Cheers

Alistair

Fiercely loyal to T I have to admit, but first of all want to congratulate you on making this years Rockness more exciting for me than this years T line up.

Arse licking aside, I am wondering if you will have an info board or some stewards that can advise the punters on line-up changes or hiccups?

Second, is there any issue as to how much booze we can take in, (planning 2x20 packs and a 70cl of morgans in plastic bottle) and can we take parasols?

Sorry hoping for a reply with a quick edit to my previous questions, but will you have the Gaymers Rockaoke tent at all also.

Finally, wondering if you've thought about adding comedians to the fest?

Edited by Fizzy2734