Drug amnesty bins

Guest Kowalski

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highla...nds/8089325.stm

Festival-goers at RockNess 2009 have been warned not to take risks with drugs.

Tens of thousands are expected to attend the event on the shores of Loch Ness over this weekend.

Last year, an 18-year-old died at the event and police said anyone found to be dealing drugs would be dealt with "appropriately".

However, so-called "amnesty bins" will be provided to encourage people not to take drugs onto the site.

Det Insp John Patience insisted the police wanted people to stay safe.

He said: "We will be adopting a robust stance in relation to drug offences and any drugs misuse.

"We will also be deploying amnesty bins this year at the entrance to the sites so that anybody who does come and they have drugs in their possession - they can dispose of these drugs safely without any fear of any consequences.

"I have to reassure them there will be no repercussions."

There were a couple of sniffer dogs at the entrance last year, they were straining at the leash but the coppers were holding them back!!!!

I think they are more or less there to put the sh1ts up folk and try get them to bin anything before getting to the entrance.

Surely just chucking some trash or something in to the amnesty bin would than save you being searched by cops or whatever on the way in. I mean it would defeat the purpose of the amnesty if they were checking people who used the bins.

Still I wouldnt fancy being the one to test that theory.

Haa I have seen dogs outside the site but i think it was just normal people walking their pets, but then a friend has said that they have seen dogs in the arena but then the same friend stayed up para all night thinking me and my other friend were gonna sneak in his tent and steal his ipod.

Haa I have seen dogs outside the site but i think it was just normal people walking their pets, but then a friend has said that they have seen dogs in the arena but then the same friend stayed up para all night thinking me and my other friend were gonna sneak in his tent and steal his ipod.

Hahaha, I think thats the worst rumour ever. I hear it every year at T. Someone always goes, "Oh I heard they have sniffer dogs at the gate." I think if there were ever sniffer dogs at a music festival it wouldn't know what to do. It would quit I think and hand in its resignation. The job would just be too difficult.

Hahaha, I think thats the worst rumour ever. I hear it every year at T. Someone always goes, "Oh I heard they have sniffer dogs at the gate." I think if there were ever sniffer dogs at a music festival it wouldn't know what to do. It would quit I think and hand in its resignation. The job would just be too difficult.

never seen a sniffer dog at a festival. i'm not too worried about it, like benchbudda said, for every 1 person they catch, there'll be about 100 (probably a lot more i think) who don't get caught. they couldn't possibly have enough dogs for all those people. i use a smell proof bag but i don't know if it works cause i've never encountered a sniffer dog.

i've seen sniffer dogs at Connect and Wickerman (2007 - they were actually getting folk to empty cars and letting the dogs have a good go over all they're camping gear)

but i'm not overly concerned, you can't play the game without knowing there's a risk of getting collared for it.....