Kasabian

Guest PaulDavis

Had a quick look on wikipedia earlier and kasabian where on the lineup

V Stage: Oasis, Snow Patrol, Kasabian, Elbow, James, Biffy Clyro, James Morrison, Ocean Colour Scene

personally i couldnt be happier cause i love them, im guessing thats the main stage full now?

please stop adding fuel to the kasabian rumours, its happened again and again on this forum, i get my hopes up and then it dont happen B)

as ive repeated on this forum kasabian were the best band of v06 & 07, and my favourite live band. i would be over the moon if they played.

wikipedia has been constantly wrong lately, and kasabian have said that the only major festival will be glastonbury. it does seem strange that they arent at v or r/l this year with the recent release of TWRLPA, surely playing festivals will give convert them some new fans?

ive checked and kasabian are on there, and checked their tour dates, here:

Roundhouse, London, UK Wed 22nd Jul, 2009

Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK Mon 24th Aug,

Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK Tue 25th Aug, 2009

these tour dates leave them wide open for v... hopefully :D

it would be ace if they did play....but would they play as low as 3rd from top? i doubt it. i know they are third from top supporting oasis at slane due to the prodigy playing but i really think that would be a one off.

The reason Kasabian are shying away from the major festivals this year, is because they have already stated they will not be playing majors unless they headline them, they will be headlining a few next year. trust me.

The reason they're playing Glastonbury is that next year is the 40th anniversary so they know they have no chance of headlining on the 40th anniversary of the festival, so they've played this year in an ambiguous "Springsteens Special Guests" slot.

Suppose its 50/50 they'd play V though with Oasis headlining, they f**king bum the shit out of eachother :rolleyes:

your mental! twisted wheel are absolutely brilliant. you should have pulled yourself away from the bar, you wouldn't have regretted it. there album is brilliant from start to finish. i cant wait to see them next month.

twisted wheel should play v! they would lift the roof off the union

Kasabians new album is bloody brilliant.. slightly misguided but some of the best tunes they have ever done are on it! sounds soo good live as well.. im ashamed V didnt try and get lure them to play just before Oasis!

That was the 2nd time id seen Twisted Wheel, they were supporting the Enemy at Liverpool. Have to say i dont like them at all, they dont sound very good live and their although full of energy are just dull really, they just dont have any variation at all and their set just blended into one for me except You stole the sun which stood out as its one of the worst songs ive heard.

Edited by guyfawkes