What are the worst things about V this year?

Guest Flaminglippy

thing is reading/leeds is compact to basically 3 stages and glasto lineup of stage is vastly spread out. A quick glance and you might think of reading being better but glastos is amazing this year(not going to glasto though damn it).

doesnt matter if your into there music but the headliners are legends at glasto this year. In my opinion its what headliners should be all about, a vast back catalogue and they dont finnish to bout midnight!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm 5 songs by Bruce am not a fan but will have a go

Born To Run

Dancing in The Dark

Born In The USA

Philadelphia

I'm On Fire

War / Santa Clause is Coming To Town

Hungry Heart

The River

That was straight of the top of my head & wasn't difficult....

V Leeds or T etc would kill to get a headliner the calibre of Springsteen.

I agree with what you said though about it not being about the head liners. I love nothing more than wondering to a tent in some far flung corner of teh site to witness something special. Last year it was Infadels doing Sweet Dreams with about 150 people present

A festival should never be about the headliners, it's the total opposite, it should be about walking past one of the smaller stages and discovering a really great band that hasn't got the fame yet. Looking at the headliners is how you get all the idiots, posers, basically all the knobs who go to festivals just so that they can say they say somebody like Bruce Springsteen. I mean seriously, who can name 10 songs by him? or even 5? I'm not saying he is bad, but it's not all about the headliners. And Reading does have an wesome lineup this year, the difference being that Glastonbury can afford to book and extra 500 acts so they're always going to have a better lineup overall.
Edited by tylerdurden

For the last couple of years V Festival has got more and more lazy. The "festival" (and I use that term loosely!). The fact that the price goes up and up each year and yet it seems to get worse for value for money.

Main points:

1. They rely on booking big named bands to headline and thus spending less on improving the line-up as a whole. And this years headliners have laready headlined within the last couple of years - lazy lazy booking. In fact the whole line-up was predictable. Nothing but Top 40 bands. Or, washed out bands who need cash (I of course rate Oasis as a washed out band!)

2. They don't give two shits about their punters. It's all about fleecing as much money as possible from people. If they did care then why is there no contact details to complain or give ideas on how to improve the festival. They don't give a shit as long as they get their money.

3. You can't take your own booze into the arena, you have to f**k about with tokens. And the fact that there is an arena!

4. The choice of food is mostly dog burgers, noodles and pancakes. There are only a couple of decent stalls onsite for food.

5. There seems to be less and less bins for recycling and general rubbish. By the Sunday the arena looks like a landfill site.

6. No contingency plan to possible bad weather scenarios being catered for (the walkway through the campsites 1ft deep mud is f**king ridiculous). Metal walkways should be put down beforehand.

7. If you don't buy a programme for £10.00 you can kiss goodbye to knowing the lineup times (which are often wrong). And if you lose this or the times/artists change then you are stuffed because there is nowhere you can get that info without forking out another £10.00 or having to ask to look at somebody else's. Why can't they provide this info free? I mean you've already paid for your ticket - Glastonbury manage it.

8. The atmosphere is getting worse every year. It seems to be more about people getting together with mates and getting pissed. It's less about the music (but then again, with such a shit line-up what do we expect).

9. The car parks are normally a free for all on the Monday. If people were allowed to leave at any point on the Monday then this would ease congestion - this would also stop some security guards from waking people up at 8.00am whilst they are sleeping and telling them to get up and leave.

10. There needs to be more portaloos/urinals.

The festival organisers could learn a lot from other festivals such as Glastonbury and, even the smaller festivals like Bearded Theory on how to treat their customers.

v has the worst atmosphere of any festival by absolutely miles, still cant get over a bunch of people looking gormless and confused when foo fighters played 'this is a call' and 'everlong' the other year, it's just full of posers.

" Expensive, again you watch only 4 bands and you have made your money back" - i've managed to see 6 bands this week, it's cost me about £60 doing so, so how the hell does that work? you could see about 15 decent bands for the price of a v ticket without any problems (of which none would be as past it and shite as say oasis)

Is it the line-up?? The lack of a Thursday?? The lack of announcements?? The lack of any regard for the punters?? The fact that a stage may or may not have been pulled?? The rampaging gangs of tent-robbing, piss-lobbing chavs that will make the weekend the aural equivilent of root canal work?? The planks who are happy to get shafted out of £160 and will defend the organisers as they squeeze the last drop of enjoyment out of what used to be a great weekend...

So, SO many issues...

While there are so many discusions regarding value for money, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

My friends paid £30 to see Oasis on Saturday night and decided to return on the Sunday due to rumours of touts having tickets available for £20 but everyone had the same idead they negotiated with the touts and paid £100 for another 2 for the Sunday night went to the gate and the tickets they bought had already been scanned in so we chucked inthe bin, they went to the box office and they had tickets available so spent another £35 for a ticket £115, which they feel is money well spent for them to see Oasis.

I paid £70 for standing ticket for the Killers this year so that on top of the other bands I also would like to see, Elbow, The Specials, Human League, Dizzee, Biffy Clyro, MGMT, so yeah good value for money

V Festival = Worst atmosphere I've ever felt, not even an atmosphere really :P

Line up is poor, especially for the money payed... so you're saying it compares to that of Rock Wertcher? Rock am Ring? or even Benicassim? Its got 2 days of music for a start

I dont think you've made your money back from watching 4 bands at all, maybe I should've said "Value for Money" then, because theres sooooo many other festivals for the same price/cheaper (Bestival) that has a farrrrrr better atmosphere/general feel and far better acts playing

One that isn't ridiculously commercial? Bestival? Secret Garden Party? and of course, the old chestnut... Glastonbury.

Well no, V and a couple of others, T, Reading etc. bleed money out of people far more than some.