BJÖRN AGAIN

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone over on the efests Sonisphere board said they were confirmed for Sonisphere I thought surely that can't be right and had a look and there was the V dates, they're also doing TITP and Glasto as well

To be honest though, Im shocked they haven't been booked in the past, they seem to do a lot of fests, im surprised its taken V this long to book them

A bit of an Abba singalong isn't the worst thing, I can see a lot of the V crowd loving it to be honest, better than ndubz anyway

I can't stand Abba...they're the steps or atomic shitten of the 70s. I really can't believe how bad it is becoming this year. The only redeeming artists are JET, James, Happy Mondays and Oasis (who ive already seen umpteen f**king times this year anyway)...

ffs................. :D

Bjorn Again are very good at what they do. They are a very polished and entertaining tribute act.

Abba are one of the finest acts in the history of pop music, and IMO they only got better with age, their music getting more complex and their songwriting becoming more melancholic as they approached the end of the band's life. I honestly do have an apppreciation for well-crafted pop music.

I remember seeing Bjorn Again at V98. They were very good (but I saw them mainly to keep Missus Carpetburn happy - honest).

1998 wasn't a great V line up but it still had The Verve, Green Day, Seahorses, PJ Harvey, Jesus and Mary Chain, Saint Etienne, The Charlatans. Iggy, Faithless, James and Fun Loving Criminals and a few others worth seeing like Space, Gomez, Feeder, Moloko and Morcheeba. All told there was more than enough decent acts to make it a proper music-filled weekend, as any festival should be.

Compared to this year it is a veritable Aladdin's cave of musical treasures. In isolation Bjorn Again are okay, but - WHAT THE F*** DO THEY THINK THEY ARE PLAYING AT THIS YEAR ? ;);):P:P:P

We now need Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, Pixies , Arctic Monkeys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Manics, Queens of the Stone Age, The Hives and THE Prodigy added to give this festival any sort of balance. Fat chance.

Bjorn Again are very good at what they do. They are a very polished and entertaining tribute act.

Abba are one of the finest acts in the history of pop music, and IMO they only got better with age, their music getting more complex and their songwriting becoming more melancholic as they approached the end of the band's life. I honestly do have an apppreciation for well-crafted pop music.

I remember seeing Bjorn Again at V98. They were very good (but I saw them mainly to keep Missus Carpetburn happy - honest).

1998 wasn't a great V line up but it still had The Verve, Green Day, Seahorses, PJ Harvey, Jesus and Mary Chain, Saint Etienne, The Charlatans. Iggy, Faithless, James and Fun Loving Criminals and a few others worth seeing like Space, Gomez, Feeder, Moloko and Morcheeba. All told there was more than enough decent acts to make it a proper music-filled weekend, as any festival should be.

Compared to this year it is a veritable Aladdin's cave of musical treasures. In isolation Bjorn Again are okay, but - WHAT THE F*** DO THEY THINK THEY ARE PLAYING AT THIS YEAR ? :D:D:):):D

We now need Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, Pixies , Arctic Monkeys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Manics, Queens of the Stone Age, The Hives and THE Prodigy added to give this festival any sort of balance. Fat chance.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Its on their website

http://www.bjornagain.com/shows.htm

playing Staffs Saturday and Chelms Sunday says playing early so im guessing they're opening main stage, looks like thats Main Stage full then

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,

fu*k,yes,yes,yes,yes,

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,ballbags,yes,yes,yes,yes

,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,cant stop crying,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,fu*k,yes,yes,yes,yes,

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,ballbags,yes,yes,yes,yes

,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,shotgun,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,

yes,fu*k,yes,yes,yes,yes,

,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,cant stop crying,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,fu*k,yes,yes,yes,yes,

,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes.

local radio....

This would normally be a que to launch into a tirade about the V bookers etc but I'm done, absolutely done with V...a f**king Abba tribute! Yes they're playing Glasto, TITP but those festies are 3 days+ & can absorb more shit into the lineup without making too much of an impact.

For £170 + spends I don't want my festival to be 'cheesy', I haven't seen 'Mamma Mia' nor do I want to, If I were buying music in the 70's I think I'd be more of a Led Zep, AC/DC, Aerosmith etc type of guy...this is a spot that could've been filled by a credible band.

As Lippy said, Virgin have protected themselves against the economic downturn by spending considerably less this year. I dread to see what cutbacks they've made in regards to staffing & facilities.

ps. Download this year, best fest I've ever been to...awesome staff, atmos, not one que for loo's, beer, beer tokens or wristbands.

This would normally be a que to launch into a tirade about the V bookers etc but I'm done, absolutely done with V...a f**king Abba tribute! Yes they're playing Glasto, TITP but those festies are 3 days+ & can absorb more shit into the lineup without making too much of an impact.

For £170 + spends I don't want my festival to be 'cheesy', I haven't seen 'Mamma Mia' nor do I want to, If I were buying music in the 70's I think I'd be more of a Led Zep, AC/DC, Aerosmith etc type of guy...this is a spot that could've been filled by a credible band.

As Lippy said, Virgin have protected themselves against the economic downturn by spending considerably less this year. I dread to see what cutbacks they've made in regards to staffing & facilities.

ps. Download this year, best fest I've ever been to...awesome staff, atmos, not one que for loo's, beer, beer tokens or wristbands.

This announcement is my favourite yet! What the F*** has happened!! QOTSA, Foos, RHCP, Phonics, Muse, etc... these are the bands we used to get, not this junk!

I bet I can quote the dickhead that runs this corporate pop party in the park on the announcement on the final line up release (whenever that may be. Other festivals are announcing weekly, we get every 3 months!)

"This is without doubt the strongest line up we have ever had. Its a mix of all musical tastes, and is the reason why the V festival is the highlight of the summer"

What he really will mean is:

"What a pile of shite we have booked for you this year and you mugs have been falling for it each year for the last 3. We can book this rubbish safe in the knowledge you will still buy the tickets. Have a great festival you mugs, I'm off to the Maldives to spend all your cash. Credit crunch my arse...."

I was going to sell my ticket this year as I've had enough of this pop junk they keep announcing, but I am not sure I want the death of the unsuspecting buyer on my hands when they slit their wrists after they realise what a huge mistake they had just made. I suppose a Chav would snap it up though.....